Retail is at the heart of our business, we're proud to be the UK's fourth largest supermarket serving more than 11 million customers each week across our growing network of nearly 500 stores. We believe in recruiting leaders into our stores who are passionate about delivering fantastic customer service and play an essential part of our ongoing success. Providing leadership, direction and ensuring standards remain high, you'll bring a management style that motivates and brings out the best in those around you.
We're currently recruiting for a high performing Nights Manager
to join our store in Kirkby in Ashfield
. This role would be working 4 shifts over 7, flexible shifts with a team of around 20 colleagues.
You will create and lead a high performing, capable and engaged team of Team Managers who consistently achieve the highest standards of customer service, availability and, presentation. You'll be focussed on driving your team to deliver our customer promises and business performance.
What will I do as a Senior Manager?
- Provide excellent customer service to drive sales forward.
- Motivate, lead, support and coach your team to bring out the best in those around you. Managing up to approx. 10 direct team managers.
- Plan and manage labour, stock availability and sales targets.
- Ensure standards remain high and continually look for ways to improve.
- Identify talent and support with development and succession planning.
What do I need to be a successful Senior Manager?
- High degree of professionalism and able to communicate at all levels with excellent customer service skills.
- Be an experienced retail or FMCG manager looking for their next step.
- Experience in managing a fast paced, high volume environment and rise to a challenge with a 'Can Do' attitude.
- Ability to motivate and inspire our colleagues through a fast paced retail environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to review, investigate and provide solutions.
- Be highly influential, an innovative thinker with a constant drive for results.
Candidates successful at interview will be subject to a DBS check and a further credit history check for specific vacancies prior to any offer of employment.
About The Company
Shopkeepers for over 100 years, we love providing our customers with a great shopping experience they won't find anywhere else.
At just under 500 stores across the UK, our retail colleagues work as one team to provide plenty of food essentials, a great service and a buzz people enjoy. It's why our customers keep coming back for more.
The UK's 4 th largest supermarket, we provide great value for money and good quality fresh food and groceries to over 11 million customers every week. Our focus on freshness makes us stand out as we prepare more fresh food in-store than any other supermarket. It's challenging. It's fast-paced. But from Market Street to checkout our friendly team loves going above and beyond to bring our customers what they want.
At Morrisons we believe in investing in our colleagues and industry-leading training programmes. We provide our colleagues with the opportunities they need to make it to the top. Many of our store managers started out on the shop floor. They've been there and done that. It's how they know how to support our colleagues and help our customers so well.