As a business, Hermes
is driven by our four values of Do the right thing
; Dare to be different
, Strive for more
and Be Customer Obsessed
. We run our business by these values and they are reflected in all of our roles. Job purpose:
Our Outbound Process (Night Shift Warehouse) Manager
is responsible for the smooth running of the Night operation in our Thurrock Depot
where you will managing a mixed team of Warehouse Operatives, Parcel Shop and Cat C Drivers. About the Role:
You'll be joining our business as a key member of the Depot Management team. Working alongside our inbound Process (Dayshift) Manager, you will support your Depot Manager in ensuring the smooth running of the Depot. TheOutbound Process Manager is responsible for the performance of the night operation whilst proactively seeking ways to improve cost, service & operational efficiency. You will ensure all resources including third party agency workers are managed, planned and controlled to achieve the agreed service levels.
You will be responsible for motivating your staff, problem solving on a day to day basis and operationally. Each Depot has challenges but you'll have an experienced central team, senior Managers as well as peer mentorship to support you and your Supervisors; this support will enable you to meet your potential and grow your experience.
As our outbound Process Manager, you'll report in to the Depot Manager and you will be pivotal in providing leadership and direction to the night Shift.
Our outbound Process Manager job is for someone who understands how to motivate staff and is able to efficiently prioritise pressing needs, where there isn't an obvious solution. Lateral and original thinking would be a benefit as would logistics experience but we are open to experience gained in other related fields. You must be able to to work collaboratively and take the lead on projects amongst your peers. Experience/Qualifications:
- Management experience of leading and managing a team.
- Must be able to work on own initiative in a pressurised environment to tight deadlines
- PC Literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- An understanding of Transport regulations
- Good communicator and able to liaise at all levels
- Flexible approach to work to meet business requirements
- Manage a team of 4 Direct Reports and a team of up to 50 indirect reports providing leadership and direction for the shift
- Develop and train reports and ensure SLA's are hit for the Day shift
- Ensure compliance with all site HSES rules and regulations
- Generate and process BI and MI reports based on work output of Drivers and Loaders
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- 26 Days Holiday entitlement + Bank Holidays
- Opt in benefits
"To all recruitment agencies: Hermes does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hermes employees or any other organisation location. Hermes is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes."