Mitie is one of the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company. We specialise in strategic outsourcing and energy services, bringing together the expertise and capabilities to ensure our clients achieve their organisational goals. Our specialist skills and knowledge are driven by market expertise, and we understand that all our markets have a unique set of requirements, constantly responding to what is happening around us.
Working Hours: Full time, 40 hours, Permanent
Salary: Competitive annual salary
Location: Sellafield Rd, Beckermet
In your new job as a HR Manager your main duties will be:
- To deliver an effective HR service to the business, providing commercial HR solutions.
- To proactively partner managers at all levels in providing pragmatic and commercially focused solutions on people issues that will meet business objectives.
- To work closely with the HR Business Partner and other supporting services across the wider business.
- To develop and maintain working relationships with key stakeholders in the business.
- To develop and maintain relationships with Unions, and co-ordinate industrial relation activities.
- Lead on the engagement with any recognised Trade Unions, Employee Representatives and staff forums.
The successful HR Manager will have:
- Experience of building and maintaining positive effective working relationships with Trade Unions, Employee Representatives and staff forums/bodies.
- Preferable experience assisting and providing guidance in grievance and disciplinary issues up to and including dismissal and appeal stage.
- Experience dealing with complex pay negotiations with trade unions.
- Preferably CIPD qualified or currently working towards qualification.
- Computer literate; Microsoft suit, SAP, SharePoint.
- Resilient, with ability to influence key decision makers and challenge when necessary.
- Ability to drive the HR agenda with managers.
- Excellent presentation skills both internally and client facing.
What you’ll get in return
In return for your hard work Mitie will reward you with a competitive annual salary and a highly competitive benefits package. This benefits package includes, but is not limited to, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, life cover, pension contributions, private medical cover and a number of partner / retail discounts.
Alongside these tangible benefits, Mitie also offers you the chance to develop a high-profile contract with exposure to senior stakeholders which will benefit your long-term progression within a leader in Facilities Management.
- Type: Full-time
- Function: Engineering