Aon are currently recruiting a Governance Manager to join our team in Farnborough, Chelmsford, Reading or Virtual. The Governance Manager will be primarily responsible for:
- Coordinating, undertaking and supporting governance activities in accordance with the requirements of Aon’s own internal policies and procedures and those of its regulators.
- Providing support to members of the Business Governance team and wider business.
- Where appropriate, taking ownership for assigned projects and initiatives.
- Managing the AUKL complaints process in accordance with AUKL’s internal policies and procedures and those of its regulator.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Governance Manager:
- Manage the AUKL complaints process, providing support to colleagues to ensure that the agreed framework is adhered to.
- Ensure that all complaints data is captured and recorded accurately on the Complaints Management system and providing MI as required.
- Ensure appropriate quality checking of closed complaints is taking place, to ensure that complaints are being handled appropriately and in accordance with business and regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to the appropriate implementation of governance activities including Complaints, ORTPs, Financial Promotions, Conduct Risk, Conflicts of Interest, Product Governance, Binder Governance, E&O Governance, AP declarations.
- Support Aon UK Limited business units in monitoring performance against agreed KRIs, including formal reporting, in accordance with the central risk management and control frameworks.
- Review and analyse performance metrics, identifying and investigating weaknesses or areas of non-compliance, escalating as appropriate, and working with key stakeholders to agree and implement solutions.
- Contribute to specific project initiatives as appropriate.
- Assist with the coordination of management responses for compliance reviews and audits and ensuring that all matters of significance are monitored and tracked through to completion.
- Support all activities to ensure that the business units understand and adhere to governance requirements in key areas.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Knowledge of FCA complaints handling rules
- Commercial understanding of business and the insurance market
- Experience of a working in a risk and control environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including report writing and presentations
- Proactive self-starter, with good attention to detail
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.