Career Opportunities: Business Partner, COO (13541)
Vacancy ID 13541 - Posted 04/08/2020 - Location(s) (4) - Full or Part Time? (1) - Job Category (1) - Salary Range (2)
At TSB, we believe businesses need to reflect the communities they serve. This is why we have a long-term commitment to diversity and inclusion.
It’s important to us to make sure we bring the best talent to our business, regardless of characteristics such as race, gender, disability, sexual orientation or social background. Our focus on diversity and inclusion is a key part of how we support and develop the people who work here. It helps us build a stronger culture where no matter what background you come from you feel valued and confident in bringing your whole self to work.
Job Role: Business Partners, Enterprise Assurance, COO
Function: Enterprise Assurance, COO – Business Partners
At TSB we’re clear about what matters. Delivering for our customers, keeping things simple and building operational excellence. Bringing our exciting new technology to life in 2020 will help us do all this and more, so we can provide the type of products and services we know our customers need and want. We’re always looking for better. And there’s never been a more exciting time to join our team.
We’d love our Enterprise Assurance Business Partners (COO) to have an understanding of the risk profile for their function that they face off to.
- Be a member of a business partnering team facing off to IT Run the Bank (RTB), Change the Bank (CTB) , or CISO (Chief Information Security Office) functions encouraging adherence to TSB risk and compliance policies and relevant external regulatory frameworks within their function or team.
- Have an understanding of industry level practices for risk and controls, including various frameworks for Change (SDLC/ DevOps methodologies) , Data, Resilience, Information Security or Service Management
- Take a leading role in the co-ordination and delivery of effective information, interpretation and guidance, enabling business areas to assess the downstream implications linked to their decisions.
- Initiate, and facilitate from a risk perspective agreed change programmes to achieve continuous improvement.
- Work as a team member of a high performing team, sharing information, skills to ensure that the team is complete and self- sufficient with complimentary skills between them to help the respective business areas in their journey of maturity for managing the IT risks
- Have a strong knowledge of the IT Risk Framework and preferably one of the platforms e.g. Mainframe, distributed systems, toolset used within the organisation e.g. Servicenow, TPAM, HPService centre, Archer
- Present to the RTB/ CTB and CISO stakeholders a view of their residual risk profile to facilitate risk reduction
What we need tomorrow
We know it takes more than just skills, qualifications and experience. So, we want our Business Partners (COO) Enterprise Assurance to:
- Use deep understanding of the Functional strategy and risk profile, identifying risks and controls across their respective areas using extensive experience and knowledge in order to protect the bank, its customers and ExCo member.
- Agree robust action plans with the business areas to address weaknesses, hold the business to account and track the delivery of the plans.
- Provide input to strengthening of controls, ensuring linkage between controls to policies
- Manage relationship with 2/3LOD and the business areas they are facing off against
- Be the point of contact for the business areas for all IT risk and control activities in a consultative capacity e.g. for Financial audits, regulatory reviews, industry attestations etc
- Develop Enterprise Assurance opinion on quality of deliverables and evidences generated by the partner teams
- Build strong and productive relationships across CIO/ COO in order to challenge, support and influence Senior Partners (H)’s on their risk assessment and controls adequacy.
If you’d like to get stuck in and be part of the TSB team, hit Apply.