Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a high-calibre leader to join our CIO team based in London. The role will be based in our new Studio, an exciting collaborative space which brings together best-in-class practitioners, technology and workspace to create leading software solutions.
You are an exceptional technologist and business leader, with an entrepreneurial mindset. You are recognised for your thought leadership and outstanding communication skills.
In your role, you will build and lead a self-directed software development team of 8-12 practitioners to develop solutions for IBM employees and our business partners. You will be responsible for ensuring your team is passionate, adaptable and recognised for pushing boundaries in innovation. Our teams use Agile methods, Design Thinking and DevOps practices to develop solutions which users love and others strive to emulate.
Alongside your leadership, you will create an environment where professionals are inspired to work. You will lead a team-based culture that is highly motivated to grow through opportunities which provide demonstrable and meaningful impact.
Required Skills and Experience:
This role would suit an experienced and highly-driven professional, specifically we are looking for...
- Experience in leading large data engineering projects, with strong knowledge of ETL, data integration, data analysis and reporting on Operational Data Store, Data Warehouse, and Big Data systems
- Experience working in Agile software development
- Proven ability to solve complex business challenges through initiative and teamwork
- A client-focused mindset, with a track record of exceptional feedback
- Ability to manage challenging stakeholders through data driven conversations
- A focus on continuous improvement, learning and measurable outcomes
- Ability to work effectively across diverse stakeholder groups ranging from technology practitioners to senior executives
- Proven ability to build and lead a high performance culture
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- MBA from a leading business school
- A strong personal network within industry or academia
- A track record of individual and team based awards
- Design Thinking experience
#CIOLondonBeing You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.Introduction
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About Business Unit
Our mission is to deliver best-in-class systems and tools that differentiate us from our competitors and help our Business Partners win in the marketplace.About IBM
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.