Solutions Architect, AWS\UK, Enterprise Retail Customers
Location: London / Manchester / Edinburgh
The retail industry is transforming at a pace and all sub-sectors from specialist high-street retailers to supermarkets and mass merchandisers are investing to transform customer experience, leverage data to drive engagement as well as efficiencies and look at increase the pace at which they transform. Cloud technologies are playing a pivotal role in this transformation and at AWS we are striving to become a trusted innovation partner for Retailers.
Solutions Architects work hand in hand with AWS customers to help them make the most of the Cloud and unlock innovation at pace. They are at the crossroads of business and technology and engage with organizations at all stages of cloud adoption. They will work on market innovative topics like Smart stores, Smart warehouses, Computer vision or Digital assistants.
In this role you will get to practice your creativity, linking technology to tangible solutions and educating AWS customers about the art of the possible. You will have the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Serverless and Container based architectures, Analytics and Big Data, DevOps or Security).
The Solutions Architecture team is a diverse group of technologists from a variety of backgrounds. Practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have a sound technical foundation and a desire to learn.
At Amazon you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Work directly with Retail customers to assist them in achieving their long-term business outcomes by accelerating their cloud journey with architectural guidance based on best-practices to migrate their mission-critical workloads.
· Build technical relationships with Retail customers and operate as their trusted advisor. The best interests of the customer will shape the guidance you provide.
· Contribute to the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts).
· Evangelize and educate about AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
· Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by interviewing candidates and having a voice in hiring decisions. You will also be helping others develop new skills through knowledge share.
· Develop areas of depth in technical domains relevant to your interests and your customer's outcomes.
· Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
· Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
· Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
· Passion for technology and for learning
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
· Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
· AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification