Our highly respected client is looking for an Internal Auditor to work in Glasgow. The purpose of the role is to operate within the remit of the Internal Audit Charter, conduct and where appropriate, lead assigned audits and reviews producing high quality reports of findings, with recommendations to bring about improvements to processes and controls to mitigate risk.
Analyse, identify and prioritise financial and operational risks within assigned areas of operation in order to contribute to the production of the annual audit plan.
Plan, perform and report on individual audits covering the agreed scope and objectives to defined timescales, and which meet the requirements of the Audit Plan and Group Internal Audit standards
* Collect and analyse information and conduct tests, in line with agreed scope and plans, to detect deficient or non-existent controls, inefficiencies, fraud or non-compliance with regulations, Group policies and standards.
* Evaluate and advise on risks and internal controls against changing trends and market/external practices to identify opportunities to improve internal controls aligned with risk appetite.
* Track and verify through follow-up audit actions, to ensure completion of departmental actions in accordance with agreed timescales and criteria.
Prepare and issue high quality audit reports that record the findings, actions and timescales required to remedy risk and control weaknesses in accordance with departmental standards and SLAs
Conduct research and develop a detailed awareness of the assigned business area to ensure understanding of the business objectives, known and emerging risks and controls relevant to the area.
Build and maintain effective working relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure the effective delivery of departmental objectives and to promote a robust control environment for the assigned business area
Deliver short term / one-off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with People Manager.
Skills & abilities
Maintains and promotes the Guiding Principles of the organisation, demonstrates effective technical and business skills and a broad market understanding. Shares knowledge and expertise with others to enhance team and organisational success.
Creates a team environment, provides innovative ideas and challenges self and others to achieve higher levels of quality and output to achieve great results for our business.
Shows initiative and instigates changes that deliver improvements for the area, promotes and responds positively to change and adjusts own approach to ensure success of changes and new ideas.
Puts customers first, fully considering their requirements to deliver high quality service to meet their needs at all times. Develops long lasting relationships with customers based on open communication, trust and mutual respect.
Plans multiple activities and projects effectively, welcomes challenging goals and takes ownership of personal development to enhance performance and deliver successful results for the business.
Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CIIA) Diploma in Internal Audit Practice, or equivalent which may include:
* Chartered Institute of Insurance to Diploma level ACA (Association of Chartered Accountants)
* CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants).
* ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
* ISACA Certification: IT Audit, Security, Governance and Risk Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
* Marketing: CIM / IDM / CAM (Diploma or equivalent)
* Human Resources: CIPD (Intermediate or Advanced)
* Project Management: APM, APMG, PMI (at least Practitioner or equivalent)
Experience and Knowledge
Knowledge or experience of assessing risk and controls, designing audit programmes with support to reflect the operational and business environment.
Relevant international standards and quality benchmarks governing internal audit practice, including internal audit code of ethics.
A working knowledge of data analytics and data visualisation techniques
Ability to think independently and provide constructive challenge on individual audit engagements. Enquiring and analytical mind.
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send an up to date copy of your CV to Kate Evans quoting the reference number GP174, as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you