Senior Finance ManagerJob Reference: 195-20-107-LJB
Employer: Department: 195 12 C Financial Management Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire Salary: £53,168 to £62,001 pa
An opportunity has arisen within the Finance Management Team of South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust for a Senior Finance Manager. We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and flexible individual to support the Trusts commercial team.
This is a fixed term post for 9 months to cover for maternity leave. A start date close to August is required.
Working within the finance team, the post holder will be responsible for the provision of financial information and guidance to budget holders, ensuring the financial ledgers are properly maintained, developed and fully utilised and assisting in the production of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements. The post holder will manage a team of 2 finance analysts.
The post holder will also be a member of the Senior management team for commercial services and will work closely with multi-professional colleagues to help inform decision making and business case development.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant, with strong IT skills, good communication skills and confidence to influence senior managers and clinicians across the Trust. It is also essential that they can demonstrate previous business partnering experience.
If you have previous experience of making a difference, and have significant finance experience, and are looking for your next challenge, this could be the role for you.
Initial interview to be held w/c 6th July 2020
Whilst we would like to assure you that SCAS endeavours to continue with the recruitment for this position as planned, please bear in mind there may be COVID19 related Government guidelines for us to adhere to that may cause changes out of our control. These changes may mean that we must alter our training delivery in which case we would inform you of any changes to the plan as soon as we can.
We actively welcome job applications from candidates who have a disability or who are members of the BAME, LGBT and Armed Forces community (including: Reservists, Veterans, Spouses and Cadets) Here at SCAS we are proud to have a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve.
Communications regarding your application will be sent via NHS Jobs to your inbox. Please look out for e-mails from us relating to your application.
We do require three years' worth of references (with no gaps) please be sure to provide sufficient information in the referencing section of your application form. We will only contact your referees after we have offered you a job.
The benefits bits:
- Starting holiday entitlement is 27 days per annum, pro rata, plus bank holidays;
- USH is paid in line with section 2;
- All employees are automatically enrolled into the NHS Pension scheme (or NEST);
- We operate from a comprehensive set of policies;
- We operate regular staff surveys and our staff are encouraged to develop transferable skills and experience;
- We work in partnership with our trade unions;
- Applicants who have a disability or are members of the armed forces community who meet the minimum shortlisting criteria for their post of interest will be invited for an interview;
- As an employer of choice, we value the wellbeing of our staff and have support networks in place to offer assistance as required;
- South Central Ambulance Service has a Freedom to Speak Up Guardian and a Freedom to Speak Up Policy. We believe that effective speaking and listening up arrangements protect patients and improve the experience of patients and NHS workers.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs ( ), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.