One of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies, NFU Mutual has been meeting our customers’ needs for over 100 years.
Our employees are important to us. We empower and inspire them to perform, offer opportunities to grow and we recognise and reward their contribution. They are proud to work for a company that respects them and broader communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable so we are successful now, and in the future.
The successful applicant will support Finance Business Partnering and Planning across the Group. You will identify and make provision of accurate management information (MI) and analyse data in order to support the business unit’s performance, budget planning and decision making in line with the Group’s long term strategic objectives.
- Partner, challenge and recommend practices, processes and technical solutions to ensure effective outcomes that are compliant and aligned with best practice
- Build and maintain relationships with internal customers, external suppliers and industry bodies to understand the business dynamics and ensure the effective delivery of objectives
- Facilitate and support the planning and reforecasting environment, in collaboration with finance business partners and senior management to ensure robust financial plans are delivered, monitored and controlled
- Assist in the planning, implementation and delivery of financial and operational modelling tools, solutions, analysis, and reporting mechanisms, in order to support effective decision making and meet stakeholder requirements, adding value and delivering insight and robust controls within the governance framework
- Produce, develop, review, monitor, and control robust high quality financial reports, analysis and MI, which controls, tracks and challenges financial performance within the Group’s agreed targets
- Advise on, and facilitate the implementation of continuous improvement within the partnering, planning and analysis proposition, to enhance the customer experience and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Coach, mentor, and guide team members to monitor and improve the quality and effectiveness of their work and support their development.
- Experience of managing financial information and planning, ideally within a financial services organisation
- Demonstrated financial knowledge of modelling, analysis, evaluation, and forecasting, with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to gather and analyse internal and external data from a wide range of sources in order to drive commercial insight
- Ability to explain complex financial information in written and verbal form to financial and non-financial people
- Strong IT skills to include spreadsheet and data manipulation skills, with particular reference to MS Excel (incl. VBA) and Business Objects
- Knowledge of Nav Dynamics / accounting systems, planning software and databases would be advantageous
- Strong continuous improvement and change management skills.
- Able to prioritise own workload within tight deadlines.
A minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at Grades A – C, including Maths and English. With a recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) or equivalent.
Reward and Benefits
If successful, you will be joining a business that has yet again been been recognised globally by Gallup as an Exceptional Workplace. In addition to being a truly great place to work, NFU Mutual also offer our employees a substantial remuneration package of up to £45k per annum, along with annual group and individual performance bonuses up to 17.5%, up to 12% employer pension contribution, and a suite of other outstanding benefits including health and wellbeing cash plan, gym subsidy, life assurance, income protection and a wide range of retail and leisure discounts.