One of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies, NFU Mutual has been meeting our customers’ needs for over 100 years.
Our employees are important to us. We empower and inspire them to perform, offer opportunities to grow and we recognise and reward their contribution. They are proud to work for a company that respects them and broader communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable so we are successful now, and in the future.
To support Finance Business Partnering and Planning across the group. Through the identification and extraction of accurate management information (MI) and analysis of data adding incisive commentary and recommendations to support business performance, planning and decision making in line with the Groups long term strategic objectives.
- Partner, influence and advise departmental managers by proactively investigating internal and external data, to identify opportunities and threats to company and departmental strategies so that the business can take informed decisions about its future direction and strategy
- Build, develop and maintain strong relationships with internal customers in business departments, through regular contact and effective communication to ensure that the objectives of the Business are understood and that resources and processes are in place that supports the delivery of efficient and relevant MI within agreed and governed processes and timescales.
- Facilitate and support the planning and reforecasting environment, in collaboration with finance business partners and senior management to ensure robust financial plans are delivered, monitored and controlled.
- Plan, design, develop and implement data driven models to predict and forecast future performance and present conclusions and recommendations so that the business departments can understand anticipated results and take informed management actions to meet business objectives.
- Analyse and report on business performance, providing regular insight and analysis, with recommendations for circulation to Senior Management in order to understand the potential impact of decisions, identify corrective management actions and areas for further exploration.
- Advise on, and facilitate the implementation of continuous improvement within the partnering, planning and analysis proposition, to enhance the customer experience and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Coach, mentor, and guide team members to monitor and improve the quality and effectiveness of their work and support their development.
- Deliver short term / one-off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with line manager
- Experience of establishing effective relationships with, and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Experience of successfully providing data analytics solutions including the use of advanced analytical techniques
- Ability to gather and analyse internal and external data from a wide range of sources in order to drive commercial insight.
- Ability to explain complex management information in written and verbal form to financial and non-financial people
- Excellent knowledge of data warehousing and Management Information techniques would be advantageous
- Strong IT skills to include spreadsheet and data manipulation skills, with particular reference to MS Excel (incl VBA) and Business Objects
- Strong continuous improvement and change management skills
- Able to prioritise own workload within tight deadlines
- Have a strong understanding of the GI and Life business (desirable)
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at Grades A – C, including Maths and English.
- Degree or professional qualification desirable
Reward and Benefits
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work, so along with a supportive culture and ongoing development opportunities, you can also look forward to some very attractive benefits. You’ll be rewarded with competitive salary between £35-£40k, bonus scheme of up to 17.5% and a variety of other benefits including a £20 gym subsidy, staff discounts and our health and wellbeing cash plan. Based at our Head Office in Stratford-upon-Avon, you will enjoy an excellent work life balance with access to a variety of onsite facilities, with good commuting links to Birmingham and surrounding areas.