We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Year-on-year, we’re growing more and more rapidly. To help us maintain this, we’re seeking a savvy, motivated Business Analyst to join our world-class Fulfillment & Operations network. We need you to function as the go-to source of business intelligence, as you help our busy Operations to continue working as smart as possible.
You’ll be working in two of Scotland's Fulfillment Centers, This role will be based in Dunfermline with 2 days a week traveling to our Gourock site. These facilities are at the heart of Amazon’s rapidly growing business: they’re where we manage our fast-moving inventory. Our associate teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out: each of these groups have played their part in taking us where we are today.
· You will use your expertise in the collection, analysis and management of quantitative financial data, as you create meaningful reports,
· You will drive business improvements, while recommending cost reductions,
· Via root cause analysis, you will leverage extensive data to uncover any underlying process or finance related issues,
· You will then assist your facility with necessary improvements or process changes, as well as aiding the creation of new measures to bolster site productivity,
· You will recommend, develop and implement policies and programmes that guide our Operations in maintaining (and improving) its competitive position and profitability,
· Lead the development of all weekly and monthly financial metrics, alongside all financial planning, forecasting and reporting models:
· You will take care of continuous innovation regarding your area of expertise, as you aim to improve your deliverables, while making them more readily accessible for everyone,
· You will work with data source providers and technology teams, ensuring that key financial decision data is accurate, automated and delivered in a timely fashion,
· As an analyst, you are a quick thinker: able to manage competing priorities while providing level-headed guidance, even during unexpected events.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering, or any similar discipline with a clear analytical bias,
· You have gained significant, relevant experience in similar business analyst positions,
· Demonstrable financial acumen, including deep familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, as well as in root cause data interpretation,
· Intermediate to advanced-level proficiency in Excel; you are comfortable with macros, pivots, lookups and more,
· You are comfortable performing ad hoc financial analysis using data reporting tools,
· Experienced with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos): you can provide recommendations for strategic decision-making,
· Demonstrable problem-solving ability, alongside previous analyst experience, particularly in root cause analysis,
· Highly analytical and detail-oriented, you possess a strong business sense,
· You combine your professional competency with an ability to develop new ideas, and creative solutions: you also have a track record of implementing these to great effect,
· Organised multitasker: you prioritise your workload, enabling you to meet tight deadlines, while achieving results, especially in a fast-paced, high-growth environment,
· You’re a proven communicator, with excellent presentation skills when working with multiple peer groups and varying levels of seniority,
· Previous analyst experience in the financial side of manufacturing, logistics or distribution centre processes is a nice to have.