Which of these options would you most value in your next job?
· Working in a team where talent and potential have more value than paper based qualifications
· Global opportunities to develop in role and choose long term career paths
· Working at the cutting edge of high speed automated logistics technology
· Finding and conquering emerging challenges as the company grows and scales rapidly
· Working in data driven environment where accuracy and clarity is prized above personal opinion
· Where support of colleagues is paramount and “Not my Job” is not in the vocabulary
Why choose? Join us in the Amazon Reliability Maintenance Engineering team and have them all. We maintain and optimize all technologies in the Global Amazon Warehouse & Delivery Network ranging from large, modern, purpose built warehouses utilizing robotics and high volume conveyance all the way through the value chain to small, high speed, delivery stations placed as close to our customers as possible.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The focus of the Automation Engineer role is to fault find, troubleshoot and improve controls solutions for automated material handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, scales, HMI systems, and control cabinets. The AE will also provide training to the Engineering Technicians on device troubleshooting and preventive maintenance.
· Be the site level Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all controls systems and sensors within the building. Work in a hands on manner to actively monitor, fault find and repair systems in order to provide a high level of equipment availability to internal customers.
· Train technicians in the basics of control systems fault finding in order to raise the level of knowledge within the site.
· Work within the EU Controls network to enhance the capability to monitor MHE metrics and provide visualization and data to internal customers.
· Actively participate in or own continuous improvement projects driven by the EU Controls network.
· Work with IT, EU Controls Engineering and Operations Engineering to ensure all systems are correctly documented and that accurate backup libraries are maintained.
· Work alongside global teams to support the installation and commission of new equipment.
· Support other sites in the EU network as required.
· 3+ years experience with PLC controlled automation and issue diagnosis in a continuous process or production environment.
· Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems.
· Proven ability to troubleshoot under high pressure.
· Ability to follow, understand and develop improvement strategies for code conforming to IEC 61131-3
· Ability to interpret both mechanical and electrical drawings.
· Experience in dealing with material handling, flow and capacity visualization and monitoring.
· Experience with Microsoft Office, SolidWorks, Ignition, Visio and AutoCAD.
· Ability to communicate (written & verbal) in English and the local language at CEFR Level B2 or higher.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
· Electrical or mechanical training degree in computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or related fields.
· Understanding of ISO 13849 & 62061
· Familiarity with CE Machinery Directive.
· Experience in a multi-site environment.
· Project management experience.
· Knowledge of Six Sigma, analytical and process improvement techniques
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.