- Arabic Dialects Linguist (2000002521) 2000002521-Arabic Dialects Linguist Primary Location United Kingdom Organization Kapsuun Group, LLC Strategic Business Unit Military Intelligence and Operations Support Security Requirements TS/SCI with CI Poly Job Schedule Full Time Exempt Description
Kapsuun Group, LLC
Company Job Title:
Arabic Dialects Linguist
RAF Mildenhall, UK
Exempt, Full Time, RegularSummary:
The Arabic Dialects Linguist will provide translation services in a variety of forms. Arabic Dialects Linguist will provide cryptologic language training to military and civilian personnel. Working with the Project Manager and Language and Training Content Manager, develop and integrate language training materials, technologies, and methods into existing training programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides translation and language related services in a variety of forms including, but not limited to: transcripts, gists, reports, oral recordings, posters, and signs.
- Provides global language, cryptologic language, and cultural training to military forces and civilian personnel via traditional classroom instruction, written materials, technology based instruction, distributed learning services, and OJT.
- Develops new global and cryptologic training materials, curriculum, and courseware for approval of US Government.
- Works with the Language and Training Content Manager and customers, researches and integrates new language training technologies, software, and methodologies into customers’ existing training programs.
- Tracks student progression and report effectiveness of training to Language and Training Content Manager.
- Integrates new Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center (DLIFLC) curriculum and materials in a timely manner.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor’s Degree desired. High school/GED degree required.
- 3+ years of experience in producing translation and language related services.
- 1+ years of experience providing language or related instruction. Military cryptologic language instructor experience preferred.
- Interagency Language Round Table (ILRT) level 3 Arabic and an advanced working proficiency in English (ILRT level 2+ based on the DLPT 4).
- Must hold a TS/SCI clearance with current SSBI.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Write and speak target language in clear and concise grammar and pronunciation.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledgeable in Distributed Learning and E-learning, Web-based language learning and testing programs.
- Ability to produce idiomatic translations of non-technical material using correct syntax and expression from English to target language and vice versa.
- Ability to conduct consecutive, accurate translations/interpretation of on-going conversations/activities.
- Ability to effectively train others in global language, cryptologic language, and culture.
- Abiliy to travel.
- Ability to receive and maintain all customer required access, included but not limited to facilities and Information Systems.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Recruiter Manny Gonzalez Job Posting Sep 4, 2020, 3:32:05 PM