Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at:http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career... or your job title...it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters...do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established global business that designs, manufactures and supports industrial turbochargers supplied into the power generation, marine and rail traction industries.
Part of the Wabtec Corporation; Napier Turbochargers is part of a worldwide organisation that provides excellent career opportunities both within the UK and abroad.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Production Logistics team and will require a flexible approach, accountable across the following key areas:
- Demand planning
- MRP planning & correction of action messages
- Production KPI's - OTD across all sales
- Safety stock adherence
- Subcontract management
- Maintain visual management
- GCSE English & Maths (Grade A* - C)
- Proficient in MS Office software
- Minimum of 2/3 years operational experience in production planning, in a manufacturing engineering environment
- Ability to lead and deliver continuous improvements into the current processes and practices
- Experience of working within cross functional teams
- Excellent personal organisation and time management skills are a prerequisite
- Able to work in a team environment and under own initiative
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal to liaise with all departments within the business
- Excellent understanding of MPS & MRP systems and transactions
- Proficiency in data analysis and accurate data entry skills
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.