ABOUT THE ROLE
A fast-paced, varied, and hands-on Technical Facilities Manager position has become available for Barchester's North Division. The role offers an experienced Facilities Manager the opportunity to oversee the maintenance, compliance, and development of more than 60 nursing homes and hospitals across Northern England and Scotland. Acting as a point of contact for General Managers and Heads of Maintenance, you will agree expenditure and develop 5 year plans in line with Barchester and CQC requirements. The position requires extensive weekly travel, as you will be auditing services across the region, providing technical support, and managing suppliers.
As the only healthcare provider to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for in the UK, Barchester are committed to ensuring a positive experience for both our employees and the residents in our homes.
Are you an experienced Facilities Manager with a desire to continually improve services? Do you have technical expertise and an understanding of health and safety frameworks? Are you flexible to travel across the division on a weekly basis? This could be the role for you. We are looking for the following skills/experience:
• Proven experience as a Technical Facilities Manager supporting multiple sites, including up to date knowledge of current technical standards.
• Demonstrable knowledge of statutory requirements in DDA/FRA/WRA/Asbestos Management/CDM/HTM/HBN.
• Understanding of facilities management financial reports.
• Ability to motivate external teams to deliver services in line with business expectations.
• Ability to work under pressure to deliver multiple facilities management tasks.
• Full UK driving licence.
• Advanced facilities/technical management qualification (City & Guilds or equivalent minimum).
As well as a competitive salary, we can offer you impressive benefits which include:
• Pension scheme contribution.
• Free learning and development.
• Opportunity to grow your career in a large organisation within a supportive environment.
• Unlimited access to all of our industry leading internal reward schemes and external retail/leisure discounts.
If you'd like to use your facilities management skills in an organisation that provides the quality care you'd expect for your loved ones, this is an empowering and rewarding place to be
2-4, Waterloo Place, Edinburgh, Scotland, Edinburgh, EH1 3EG, United Kingdom