As our next Data Provisioning Services Software Development Engineer you'll design, build, test, implement and support ETL and related technologies which support the Society's data requirements. You'll join a likeminded team in our Leeds based Technology Delivery function. What You'll Do
How You'll Do It
- Develop, document, and test (in an automated way) software and configuration ensuring they adhere to development standards and meet requirements. You'll be technically competent and experienced in applicable technologies and platforms.
- Be responsible for coordinating and implementing packages of work into the various test and live environments.
- Report on the progress of work allocated using applicable Agile tools (Kanban, Scrum) to maintain and support live application systems running at YBS.
- Participate and lead peer reviews of documentation, code, unit and integration testing
- Collaborate with architects, analysts and product owners to perform impact analysis on requirements and designs.
- Ensure that system design meets the current design standards, is appropriate for current architecture and meets future architecture and infrastructure requirements.
- Have excellent knowledge of one or more ETL tools
- a number of the following software skill sets: ODI, BODS (other ETL tools considered) EDQ, SAS development or adminstration, SQL, PL/SQL, SSIS packages.
- Desirable skills include:
- Data warehousing and data lake design experience
- Experience of automation
- Continuous Integration - Gitlab, Jenkins
Life at YBS
- Strong knowledge of modern technologies and platforms used within data management
- Ability to interpret complex information to develop business outcomes and present back in an easy and simple manner
In addition to the usual benefits such as competitive salary, annual bonus and healthcare packages we offer you... Flexibility
- Whether it's picking up the kids from school or catching that early morning yoga session we have you covered. Celebrating Success
- From everyday thank you cards, to our annual 'Raising the Roof' gala to celebrate our golden ticket winners we acknowledge our colleagues successes no matter how big or small. Giving Back
- Fancy 31 hours of paid leave a year to get involved in community activities? Together last year, we completed more than 11,000 hours of volunteering! Inclusivity
- We don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Site Perks
- Some of our sites have added little extras such as a gym, restaurant and free parking at our Bradford site, roof garden in Leeds, and on-site restaurant and free parking at our Peterborough site. So....
If you've got a solid background in modern software engineering/design and you want to develop a career in an empowering, respectful and supporting business then why not join us?
Our people are our heart and soul; we're commercial and caring, big enough to offer you a challenge and small enough for you to make a real impact. We're devoted to putting people first and doing the right thing by providing real help with real life.
We'd love to hear from you so why not apply today and be Your Brilliant Self!
'Any Questions - Contact Tazafia Mahmood on 01274 801234 or via email at [email protected]