A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.Closing date21 July 2020
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for a talented Data Centre Manager to join our Technology Services team. You’ll be part of a growing community of experts working on one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join DWP Hybrid Cloud Services as a Data Centre Manager.
You’ll be an important part of our community Infrastructure Operations Engineers, working out of our Corsham Data Centre.
These are extraordinary times, with unprecedented demand on DWP’s products and services. It’s never been more important for us to add digital and technology experts like you to our team. The work you do will ensure that millions of people can access the support and services they need, when they need them.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
Technology Services provide the foundations upon which digital services for DWP are developed and operate. Our purpose is to deliver secure, effective and cost-efficient digital infrastructure services and to run live IT operations that support DWP business objectives. We do this by putting users and quality of service at the heart of what we do.
Our team is made up of 1,500 colleagues working collaboratively across 10 portfolio-led teams in a fast-moving environment. Our teams deliver an end-to-end suite of digital products and services that support DWP colleagues and our 22 million users in an ever-evolving technology landscape.
As a Data Centre Manager for DWP the UK’s largest government department you will manage the site and co-ordinate activities in Corsham, working with 3rd parties and across teams to ensure we’re delivering a high quality service. You’ll manage incidents and resolve problems alongside infrastructure specialists and engineers as part of a brilliant, supportive community. What skills and experience are we looking for?
• You have Vast experience within Data Centre Design and Management, Data Room Layout, Structured Cabling Design, Data Centre Physical Security, Asset and Power Management (incl. exposure to DCIM Tooling e.g. Nlyte) as well as planning and reporting on all work and activities within the Data Centres
• You have experience of day to day management of 3rd party contractors delivering Level 3 support (e.g. Smart Hands) as well as management of associated White List processes and procedures.
• You have breadth of experience in developing, maintaining and ensuring compliance of policies and standards, as well as developing and maintaining processes and procedures documentation, ideally within a data centre environment.
• You work well with stakeholders to set priorities, objectives and timescales and establish ways to find and respond to feedback from customers about the services provided.
• You understand and can apply Change Management processes, ensuring protection of assets and components from unauthorised change, diversion and inappropriate use and reports on the status of configuration management, identifies problems and issues and recommends corrective actions.
• You’re a role model of positivity and prioritisation. You keep the team focused and act promptly to reassess workloads and priorities when there are conflicting demands.
• You value continuous improvement. You regularly review your own and the team’s work and take the initiative to suggest ideas to make improvements as well as giving feedback in a constructive manner
• You can develop, configure and maintains tool (including automation) to identify, track, log and maintain accurate information.
• You have a proven track record in troubleshooting and resolution of problems across different technologies
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £44,032, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working and family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
• Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now. If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via [email protected]
England, Wiltshire, SN13, United Kingdom