Please apply for this vacancy online at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Description of the job :
A vacancy for a high speed digital signal processing FPGA design engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth. The successful candidate will join our Earth Observation, Science and Navigation business line (ENS) and will be working within a team utilizing the latest development tools and exploiting advanced FPGA products from Xilinx and Atmel, on state-of-the art developments for a new space-borne environmental radar satellite for the European Space Agency, ESA.
The successful applicant will be subject to UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Analyse all relevant requirements and perform high speed, robust FPGA designs for Space application using VHDL on Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale and/or Actel target devices
• Perform analyses and maintain budgets to confirm compliance to requirements taking into account environmental factors and margins.
• Develop and implement verification strategies, test benches, plans and procedures to ensure adequate verification and validation of performance.
• Prepare documentation in compliance with ECSS requirements on ASIC and FPGA development: ECSS-Q-ST-60-02C.
• Prepare and present oral and written information in clear and concise form for formal project reviews, and customer progress meetings.
• Participate in hardware testing and debugging with embedded firmware.
This role will involve regular travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
Required skills/ experience/ education :
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
• Degree level in Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
• Proven track record of successful high speed DSP design and firmware development targeting advanced Xilinx FPGAs or similar, and integration of complex FPGAs and digital boards.
• Experience in use of Mentor graphics tools including Signal & Power Integrity analysis,
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary systems engineering environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively in oral and in written form, for presentation internally and to customers.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the Recruitment Business Partner who contacts you.
Portsmouth, England, Portsmouth, PO1, United Kingdom