Data Scientist - Housing & Health
Why is this role key to our business?
The Housing and Health team provide modelled indicators of house condition, health impact of homes, energy efficiency and households in fuel poverty, predominantly to Local Authority customers. The primary purpose of this role will be twofold; firstly, to assist in regularly updating these BRE Housing Stock Models using well established statistical techniques. It will also require leading a small team in the updating and development of the models. Secondly, this role will require the production of data and analysis for client reports and other outputs within the Housing and Health team.
City Watford Employment Type Permanent Job Family Research & Advisory Job Family Level 3 Closing Date 28/08/2020 Ref No 835 Key Responsibilities
• Updating existing statistical and mathematical models and developing new models as policy and customer demand dictates
• Liaising with clients in sourcing their data
• Dealing with data licensing
• Maintaining data security
• Producing data and analysis for client reports
• Liaising with Delivery and Product teams to ensure client needs are being met
• Line management of a small team
• Assist in other areas of the team and Housing Group as needs arise
• Coaching and developing of others
• Identifying new and more efficient ways of modelling
• Inputting into BRE’s overall strategy for Data and Data Storage Authority Level
Reporting to Principal Consultants, line manage junior staff as well as lead development projects. Skills and knowledge
• Possess good interpersonal skills and able to liaise directly with customers
• Communicate and present statistical concepts to team members and clients
• Work co-operatively as part of a team as well as working independently on development projects
• Motivate junior members of the team and oversee their work
• Report writing and analysis of results
• Strong track record in working to deadlines
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and able to prioritise
• Evidence of creating statistical models that have then been used to drive customer satisfaction and commercial value
• Builds and maintains trust and credibility across key relationships
• Collaborate and supportive
• Acts as role model for others. Position
The role offers exciting and diverse opportunities with the potential for increased responsibility and career progression in an industry-leading company. Key Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum of a degree in Statistics or Mathematics with Statistics
• Practical data analysis experience
• Project management experience
• Experience of development of analytical processes
• Understanding of GDPR principles
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
Whilst this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way.
Please also note that should we receive a large number of applications for the role, we may close the advert sooner than the specified closing date, so do apply at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.