Position Description: Based from either Malvern or Farnborough, we are looking for a Big Data Analyst to join an established team. The team has a number of cutting edge, technically challenging projects in the areas of Big Data, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision and Tracking for Security, Defence and Commercial customers. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team including software engineers, systems engineers, human science practitioners & data science specialists, the team has the goal of maintaining and developing a leading-edge Data Analytics capability to support projects across the whole company.
Responsibilities will include:
• Leading tasks on a variety of projects involving extraction, cleansing, association, modelling, inference and visualisation of both structured and unstructured data.
• Looking for opportunities to further improve our software tools.
• Designing new tools and software components/services.
• Influencing colleagues and customers in a high-paced, leading-edge technology environment.
• Keeping up with state of the art technologies and working practices within a broad and high profile technical area.
• Leading areas of expertise within our team.
Technologies we use:
• Operating systems include: Linux (various flavours) and Windows.
• Big Data tools include: ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Spark, Solr, Salt/Puppet/Ansible, Zookeeper, Accumulo, Kafka, MongoDB, Neo4J..
• Cloud environments include: AWS, Azure.
We are looking for an Analyst with experience of delivering data-intensive projects. You will have the curiosity to work in a variety of domains, with a variety of technology stacks including different programming languages. Your ability to communicate openly, think creatively, collaborate, and influence a range of stakeholders will enable you to drive delivery and solve technically challenging problems. Experience of technical supervision of less experienced staff would also be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have experience and knowledgeable in some aspects of at least one of the following:
• Machine Learning
• Natural Language Processing
• Computer Vision
You will also have experienced and knowledgeable in some aspects of the engineering of Big Data systems, including some of the open-source and branded tools and languages mentioned above.
Due to the nature of the work, candidates must be eligible for high level security clearance. Full time/part time or flexible working arrangements will be considered for the right candidate. There is an expectation that travel will be undertaken to other QinetiQ and Customer sites for daily or short-term task.
#QQ Position Requirements: QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today? Job Details
- Functional Area: Research & Development
- Position Type: Full Time - Permanent
- Experience Required: Not Indicated
- Department: Engineering and Operations
- Education Required: University Degree