- 2nd Line Data Engineering Professional (139068) 2nd Line Data Engineering Professional (139068) Job function : Engineering Main location : UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Derbyshire-Chesterfield Schedule : Full-time Working pattern : Standard Salary : Competitive Closing date : Jul 20, 2020, 5:59:00 PM
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
This role will deliver 2nd line technical service to MCS customers (typically routing, switching, security and wireless products). The role is primarily focused at pro-active and re-active activity to ensure continual service delivery and improvement to our customers.
You'll have the following responsibilities
- To deal with customer requests in line with Service definitions and SLA’s
- To escalate incidents and requests to 3rd line resolvers or vendors in a timely fashion.
- Performing as an integral member of the 2nd line Networks team providing 24x7x365 service to BT MCS customers
- Management of information relating to customer incidents or service requests, and the effective communication of progress of such events, to customers, colleagues and 3rd parties.
- Managing incidents and service requests for SPOC services, providing technical input and management of 3rd party.
- Undertake personal training and development in line with departmental needs and in line with Personal Development Plan agreed with Line Manager
- Work effectively and productively with all BT business units and 3rd parties to bring about timely resolution of technical issues
You'll have the following skills & experience
- Cisco certified to Associate level (CCNA) or other vendor equivalent qualifications
- Professional interaction at all levels (i.e. customer-facing, inter-departmental, third parties).
- Technical knowledge and exposure to at least one of - routing and switching, security, and/or wireless technologies
- Self-motivated and keen to develop on a technical development path
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus structure
- Generous pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discounts across BT products including; broadband, mobile, BT Sport
We’ve changed our recruitment process so that we can continue to offer exciting opportunities in BT. We’ve moved to ‘virtual hiring’ until further notice - which includes video interviews and virtual onboarding, to make sure that we maintain candidate and employee safety.
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!