At Abercrombie & Fitch, quality is in our roots and we’re on a mission to honor this rich heritage. With an unwavering focus on our customer, we strive every day to deliver a unique and welcoming experience, whether in our stores or online. Our three global brands, Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids and Hollister Co., are the embodiment of our passion for the incredible product. At the heart of it all is our amazing 500-acre campus, nestled just outside of Columbus, Ohio. With an open workspace, inspiring views, and even a place to gather as a team around the fire pit, our Home Office fosters a diverse and inclusive culture that consistently seeks the input of our associates and focuses on the future. We are looking for leaders, visionaries, and creatives who are willing to roll up their sleeves and write the next chapter in our brand’s legacy.
The Payroll Auditor will be a local representative of the Payroll Department supporting Abercrombie & Fitch stores in the United Kingdom. In this role, the Payroll Auditor supports payroll and compliance processes and procedures. The payroll auditor is also the main point of contact for both associate inquiries, as well as third party communication. The payroll auditor is also responsible for researching and resolving any changes and/or issues in accordance with local laws. This position will report directly to an EMEA payroll supervisor.
What will you be doing?
- Audit assigned country payrolls, ensuring compliance with local company policy and statutory requirements. Utilize payroll system (ADP GlobalView) as well as HR system of record (PeopleSoft HR) for processing purposes.
- Partner with payroll team located at the Corporate Office; open and consistent communication to ensure accurate, timely, and compliant payrolls.
- Facilitate timely and compliant filing for statutory payments and reporting to local government agencies (i.e. year end, sick leave, termination certificates, statistical reporting, surveys). Key point of contact for third parties (ie: local government, third-party vendors).
- Provide exceptional customer service, resolving store associates’ payroll-related questions; communicating primarily via email, with some phone interaction as well.
- Facilitate the collection and processing of documentation as required by both company policy and local regulation. This would include, but is not limited to: bank documents, social insurance, tax, and other identification documentation required for compliance and payroll processing.
- Supports Corporate Office with research on local laws and customs.
- Partner with local stores and business partners to provide guidance and training on payroll-related topics.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with team members, business partners, and leaders to understand and ultimately resolve business challenges.
- Facilitate year-end requirements and distribution of any required statutory reporting.
- Partner with Associate Relations team to facilitate open communication and resolution of questions and/or issues from associates, unions, and/or works councils (as applicable).
- Pro-actively and consistently identify and drive opportunities for efficiency and improvement.
- Assist with various Human Resource-related administrative tasks, as needed.
- Comfortable in flexible work environment. Partnership with Corporate Office requires work across time zones, but also provides for flexibility in reverse, where possible.
What will you need to bring?
- Completed Bachelor's degree, four-year equivalent, and/or finished apprenticeship
- 2-4 years United Kingdom Payroll experience.
- Proficient in country laws pertaining to payroll, including, but not limited to: tax, social insurance, work rules, and statutory reporting. Understanding of local custom vs. local requirements, and ability to take the needs of the business into consideration.
- Ability to execute tasks and meet critical deadlines in a thorough, poised, accurate, and timely manner, while managing multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced and often-changing environment.
- Superior customer service delivery when communicating with associates and resolving payroll concerns. Ability to balance timely resolution with quality responses; demonstrating empathy in all associate-driven communication.
- Actively and thoroughly investigates payroll issues and/or changes and actions them appropriately.
- Communicates in a highly effective, yet approachable manner; able to communicate with all levels of the business. Timely and appropriate escalation of payroll issues to supervisor.
- High level of attention to detail and meticulous follow-through, coupled with the flexibility to shift requirements and expectations, due to ever-changing needs of the business.
- A collaborative approach to work; builds strong partnerships with business partners.
- Self-motivated, self-starting, and creative thinker; shows resiliency in problem-solving.
- Able to work with protected data and maintain confidentiality.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is an Equal Opportunity employer
- Type: Full-time
- Function: General Business