B usiness Background
The Global Credit and Fixed Income Change team is responsible for programs and projects. A key area of focus and risk for the Organisation is managing, delivering and controlling the significant changes that are taking place across the department and the industry globally. The team is responsible for Regulation, Target Operating Model / Optimisation, Strategic Programs, Tactical initiatives, Continuous Business Improvement, and Middleware / Vendor strategy. Role Summary
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated individual to join the project team, supporting analysis across a new, large and complex project - Eurobank. The role requires strong analytical and delivery skills, the ability to break down complex issues to provide solutions, and excellent communication. There will also be a requirement to address high-profile, high-impact, cross line of business demands, and at times prepare and present information to Senior Management (ED and above).
The successful candidate will work with our business stakeholders to perform deep-dive analysis of their businesses, drive consensus for solutions, and co-ordinate with technology partners to deliver solutions. They will partner extensively with the Business, Middle / Back Office, Legal & Compliance, Audit, Technology, Regulatory Reporting and Controls teams. The candidate should be able to work independently, but as part of a wider cross-location team. This role provides extensive exposure across the Business with the opportunity to creatively problem-solve on a broad scale, supporting internally-owned tools and solutions in an ever-evolving environment. Main Responsibilities
Key Skills and Requirements
- Detailed business analysis and requirements definition against Regulatory, Business and Organisational demands.
- Interpreting results from data mining exercises to use as guidance for preparation of Business Requirements Documents / scoping plans for core technology stacks.
- Ownership of issues in order to recommend and drive solutions to meet deadlines.
- Use opportunities to leverage strategic solutions, and partner with Controls teams to assist in the definition of the control framework and Operating Models for all deliveries, ensuring alignment to our over-arching strategic principles.
- Assist in the functional management of Technology teams by providing requirements and validating output, including co-ordination of end to end testing requirements.
- Direct and frequent interaction with Business & Operations to manage the information flow and delivery of key project milestones.
- Assist with the co-ordination and leadership of working group meetings, setting agendas, preparing meeting materials, documenting minutes, and ensuring clear ownership of action items.
- Project Admin. Managing project trackers / open points / weekly scorecards to administer and keep up-to-date.
- Provide regular and timely updates to Business Management / Middle Office Stakeholders .
- Effective Risk Management and appropriate escalation.
- An interest or appreciation in CIB Markets.
- Financial markets product knowledge and understanding of the transaction life cycle in one or more of the key business areas beneficial.
- Prior Investment Banking experience, preferably in a Trade Support or Projects role.
- Self-starter and ability to learn quickly; sifting through significant detail to derive key points
- Strong time management and organisation skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, set own deadlines and work to defined targets.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering multiple complex and challenging pieces of work to firm deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, consistently delivering work of a high standard within tight timeframes.
- Excellent business analyst competencies, including impact assessment, analysis of business processes and data flows, production of business requirements and their solutions.
- A strong understanding of the trade life-cycle and controls is essential.
- Ability to successfully operate across regions, time-zones, businesses, and functions with demonstrably strong communication, negotiation, influencing and relationship management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including attention to detail and the ability to succinctly communicate complex issues to a range of audiences with appropriate presentation materials.
- Proactive and creative problem-solving, with business process reengineering experience and tenacity to drive to root cause.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Ability to interpret issues raised then prioritise and communicate to Senior Management and key stakeholders regarding resolution plans and expectations.
- An understanding of the impact of external factors, such as Regulatory change, on business strategy.
- Ability to work both autonomously and flexibly, whilst also being a team player who can build & maintain productive working relationships with colleagues at all levels and across functions in order to achieve results,
- Project management experience is an advantage, as there may be elements of the work that will require the use of basic project management competencies.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.), PowerPoint, Word and Visio.
- Graduate qualification or equivalent work experience.
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.