The Insolvency Restructuring team [in London] are looking for a Manager to join their team. We are looking for an individual to work alongside colleagues in the Core Insolvency team which is responsible for providing insolvency and contingency planning advice in large, complex situations often involving multi-jurisdictional advice.
The team delivers a blend of stakeholder advisory work, typically linked to providing advice around distressed businesses and supporting restructuring via the use of insolvency procedures as well as undertaking formal insolvency work for typically large and complex institutions.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations, and we would welcome this in applicants. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and clients demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit an individual’s base location, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required. The role will involve working across a range of assignment types, as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
Role and Responsibilities
To be an effective Manager within Restructuring you will need to undertake the following:
• Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of product types;
• Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders in engagements (including lawyers and contacts at banks and other lenders);
• Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices;
• On certain relevant assignments, overseeing work as the main point of contact with the client, reporting back to engagement leaders and other senior staff;
• Undertaking of detailed analysis to present robust advice to client teams;
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders, which in certain instances may involve consideration of formal insolvency processes;
• Potential involvement in new product development or business development activities;
• Development of junior staff on assignments.
Qualifications and Skills
• Qualified Chartered Accountant or background in the Restructuring profession;
• Some corporate insolvency experience beneficial, and ideally an insolvency licence / JIEB qualification (or an intention to commence this qualification) although this is not a requirement;
• Desire to build wide insolvency skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings;
Experience and Background
• Demonstrable experience in managing own work streams, within the Restructuring and Insolvency space;
• Strong commercial and business acumen;
• Ability to work innovatively with a track record of being able to ‘self-start’ whilst also capable of effective delegation to teams of colleagues;
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with;
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel;
• A positive team influence and achievements beyond the realms of project work including development and mentoring of junior team members;
• Drive and enthusiasm.
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.Applying with a disability As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact. KPMG's commitment to diversity We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background. Policy for Agencies KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
London, England, London, SE11, United Kingdom