Pfizer Biopharmaceuticals Group (PBG) - UKBusiness FinanceFinancial Controller - Industrial Trainee Department Overview
PBG Business finance provides comprehensive finance analysis, support and guidance to UK and Regional businesses. We partner with our clients providing financial visibility and awareness, enabling sound business decisions to be made. We operate with the upmost integrity, ensuring accuracy and compliance with all internal and external financial policies and requirements.
Our finance team, headed by the UK Finance director, comprises of several sub-teams:- Corporate Finance, Finance Direct, Finance Business Partners and Risk Assurance. We believe in developing great people and foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.What can I achieve and what will I be responsible for whilst completing a placement at Pfizer?
To assist the UK Financial Controller and the wider finance team in their role of providing financial management and analysis services to the Biopharmaceutical functions and dealing with external reporting requirements.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
When can I start?
- Responding to requests raised by commercial colleagues through the Finance Direct portal
- Month end financial close responsibilities including analysis of transactions and journal preparation
- Assisting with external audit logistics and queries, as well as preparation and collation of audit deliverables
- Involvement with month-end Balance Sheet reconciliation processes
- Processing internal pricing requests to regional teams
- Assisting with analysis for monthly Analytical Review, which seeks to identify and understand key drivers in movements of the Trial Balance for our main legal entities
- Involvement in team-based projects within Business Finance, including departmental Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Maintaining and distributing key documents such as Foreign Exchange Rates
- Maintaining and updating the UK Finance SharePoint websites
- Ad hocanalysis, investigations and reports for the Financial Controller and Head of Corporate Finance
Placements will start on 1st September 2021 and will run for 12 months.PERSON SPECIFICATION
Type of person we are looking for, in relation to 'Skills
' and 'Motivation
Please note that we only accept application forms. Please do not send over your CV or cover letter as they will not be considered.
- Completing placement as part of University Degree either through Year In Industry/Industrial Placement or Gap Year
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong Maths and English skills
- Confidence to liaise with Pfizer personnel at all levels
- Ability to generate creative and innovative ideas
- Enthusiastic and pro-active approach
- IT literacy (in particular, knowledge of Microsoft Excel)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.