This is a great opportunity for a finance professional looking for a role with more impact, more variety and more flexibility.
Ralston is a growing consultancy firm based in London, UK and offering CFO, strategy and finance advisory to startups and SMEs. In this role you will work with our interim CFO’s to take full ownership of our clients’ accounting functions. You’ll be working predominantly with fast-growth tech businesses providing a reliable accountancy and control service and enabling their management teams to make smart and timely decisions.
If this sounds like the challenge you’ve been looking for, here’s what we’d expect you to deliver for our clients:
* Management of all core finance and accounting operations, including billing, A/R, A/P, GL, and cost accounting, and revenue recognition
* Regular review of bookkeeping and management of the relationship with bookkeeper, accounting firm, and interim CFO
* Collaboration with the teams above on the timely preparation of management accounts, budgeting and forecasting
* Coordination with accountants for HMRC and Companies House filings
* Development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
* Ownership of payments processes and banking relationships
Ideally you will have recently qualified from one of the Big 4 accounting firms and have proven experience working as a Financial Controller, with 3+ years of overall accounting / finance experience.
You must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures; have worked with VAT/GST; and demonstrate excellent accounting software user and administration skills (experience with Xero is essential; ReceiptBank, TransferWise, Stripe and PayPal would be desirable).
In addition to working with exciting brands, you’ll be part of a small team and will hands on contribute to scaling the business. You’ll receive competitive compensation that reflects the value you provide to clients. You’ll have a flexible schedule and get to work with talented entrepreneurs and seasoned CFOs.
This role is partially remote but you will be required to be in our London office at least weekly, as well as travel to spend time onsite with clients across the south of England and Midlands as needed. We are, therefore, only accepting applicants based in the UK and able to travel if required.
This is a part-time role with flexibility to manage your own schedule.
London, England, London, EC2V, United Kingdom