Description: Financial Accounting Assistant (Credit Control)Farnborough, Hampshire
In this role you'll be part of our small Credit Control team where you'll develop your finance experience and skills working within a busy and varied environment.
Taking ownership for your own portfolio, you will build and maintain relationships with our customers. Your day to day responsibilities:
To be successful in this role:
- Processing daily cashflow on payments received via bank transfers, credit card payment collections, BACS and cheques
- respond to payment confirmation emails
- log payment confirmation into the system
- chase material debt outstanding on individual and group policies
- contacting clients/broker via email or phone calls to obtain outstanding debt
- monthly reconciliations and reporting
- coaching and supporting team members
You will have gained experience within a similar role perhaps gained during an apprenticeship or intern placement year, in addition you will ideally have:
About your Career
- GCSE English and Maths Grade C/4 minimum
- Experience of using MS Outlook and MS Excel and accounting software (e.g Dynamics)
- Interest in progressing a career in Finance & Accounting
- Customer service background advantageous especially a role where you have developed numeracy skills and excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Leadership/mentoring skills possibly gained through assuming responsibility within a sports/social committee/society or within a work-related capacity.
We are an ACCA approved employer (professional development) and actively promote internal career progression and foster development opportunities. We offer AAT, ACCA and CIMA sponsorship opportunities.About us
Aetna are a leading diversified health care benefits company, serving an estimated 44 million people. We offer industry-leading information, tools and resources to help people achieve their best possible health. A Fortune 5 company, with over 295,00 employees worldwide, we are one of the leading healthcare companies in the world.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare across the globe. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
As well as some excellent benefits and a fantastic working environment, we will give you the space to grow and provide you with opportunities to learn new skills to keep you developing personally and professionally.
Join us and help turn health ambitions into achievements.