As a global leader in cyber security, our people are the single greatest asset we have at BeyondTrust. Every day, there are new problems to solve, challenges to overcome and opportunities to make a difference to our customers!
As an industry leader, we are committed to finding talented, exceptional people and empowering them to excel. Become part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking culture, discover colleagues that are more like family, and experience a market-leading offering of incredible workplace perks. Are you ready to take your career above and beyond?
Working in an Agile Development Team, you will be responsible for designing and developing automated solutions that help guarantee software quality. You will be expected to be the test automation champion within a cross functional team where the whole team contribute to automation. You will teach and mentor others and help define the strategy to enable the highest levels of quality.
- Design and develop test automation framework
- Design and develop automation tools and pipelines
- Maintain and enhance automation infrastructure
- Work with the team to define and implement our automation strategy
- Work with other engineers across the organisation to share best practice and drive continuous improvement
- Any other activities in support of the business which can be reasonably expected to fall within the capabilities of the employee
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a commercial software engineer role.
- Experience of agile software development methodologies.
- Strong object-oriented design and development experience.
- Solid understanding of modern design patterns.
- Good knowledge in an OOP language, ideally C#.
- Good knowledge of CI/CD tools and practices.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, with good experience of automated testing frameworks and tools.
- BSC or equivalent in a software engineering discipline.
Nice to have skills:
- Commercial experience of using any of the following; Selenium, Cypress, TestStack.White, Gherkin or Acceptance Test Driven Development
- Mocking web requests SOAP/REST (Postman/SoapUI);
- Good understanding of Windows OS fundamentals.
Who am I?
- A strong engineering background and will be capable of developing high quality, robust, maintainable solutions.
- A proactive individual who can efficiently learn new technologies and abilities to perform their role.
- Able to mentor other members of their team on the workings of their product under development.
- Adaptable to change, who can maintain performance and support others as necessary.
- Able identify areas of improvement for development activities, which could reduce waste and improve efficiency.
- Will share their knowledge at every available opportunity with others within and outside the team.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, and be able to communicate to various audiences and stakeholders.
- Good time management, efficiency and organisational skills.
What about the Perks?
Our Manchester office makes working here pretty special – complete with onsite gym and games room we offer free lunch every Tuesday plus you can help yourself to our fully stocked kitchen at all times – from freshly squeezed orange juice and a huge array of fruit, snacks and of course the legendary biscuit cupboard! What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding and ultimately fun!
Here are a few more reasons:
- Free lunch Tuesdays (Pizza, Thai, you name it!)
- Complimentary breakfast every day – including cereals, biscuits and fruit
- Regular social events (Oast House BBQs, Fight Club Darts, JunkYard Golf)
- Onsite gym and games room
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with length of service
- Free onsite Parking
- Employer matched pension
- Private healthcare
- Life Cover
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.