Network Engineer - CCNP - TCP/IP Layer 3
to provide engineering management of all IP data networks,
ensuring cost effective, reliable systems that perform to customer requirements.You will help to implement changes and additions to Layer 3 IP Networks within a Managed Services platform, including Customer Elements network and the IP transport network.You will deploy and verify customer control room infrastructure needed to deliver the managed services and support customers and their system suppliers to connect to services and fully make use of the services delivered.
The job holder will provide engineering management of IP data networks (layer 3) to ensure cost effective, reliable systems that perform to customer requirements, and 3rd line technical support on a range of IP, networking and integration issues.Responsibilities will include:-
- Add/Move/Change implementations on the Customer Elements (CE) network.
'supporting third party suppliers and customers during fault diagnostics for system integration problems, and providing technical guidance to identify resolutions.
'system integration planning and management. Working with internal and external component suppliers to generate system integration test and implementation plans.
- Implementation of strategic plans for integration and testing services, including the interpretation of the overall product performance to ensure system requirements are defined and met.
- Verification that control room services are ready for customer testing.
- Ensuring security integrity of the network.
- Providing technical guidance on the viability of integration proposals and their financial impact.
- Conducting feasibility analysis for interface development, configuration, testing and risk assessment.
- Management and implementation of integration delivery plans and schedule.Required Skills and Qualifications:
CCNP - Accredited
Ideally you will come from an IP Networking background (layer 3) and have experience or knowledge in testing.
This role will be based in Warwickshire but will involve extensive travel to customer sites including overnight stays 2/3 nights a week.
Due to the nature of this role you will be expected to obtain SC clearance if you don't already have it.
For a full and detailed job specification please apply
- SmartSourcing provides services as an Employment Agency and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of age, race, religion, disability, age, gender or sexual orientation.