Vacancy: Senior Internal Auditor - IT Location: Royston or London Duration: Permanent
Job Family: Finance Job Purpose
The Group Assurance and Risk Team's role is to protect the people, assets, reputation and drive efficiency and sustainability of Johnson Matthey through the provision of risk management and independent assurance over the control environment. The primary purpose of this role is to support the Group Team in delivering its objectives through the delivery of the audit plan and supporting the businesses to identify, assess, mitigate and manage their risks.
The IT Senior Auditor's prime responsibility is the execution of assigned IT related audits in line with prescribed methodology; which consist of a planning, fieldwork and reporting, while maintaining frequent communication and interaction with all relevant stakeholders. The role will have significant role to play in shaping and developing function's digital capabilities and other efficiency enhancing initiatives relating to the use and application of data analytics. The role will require working closely and in partnership with JM IT, JM Finance and other corporate functions as well as JM Internal Audit Co-source provider, when needed.
The role will involve supporting the Assurance Function in maintaining high quality of the audit process, continuous improvement of its methodologies and tools and other activities that support implementation of function's new strategy, as appropriate. Nature of audits include, but are not limited to, the following: IT (SAP and non-SAP) applications, databases and infrastructure audits relating to IT governance, change management; logical security and computer operations as well as integrated audits (IT and finance). Key responsibilities
Are you the ideal candidate? You will have:
- Provide independent assurance that the right activities are in place to mitigate identified risks;
- Plan, execute and report on discrete audit projects in a timely manner and in accordance with the audit, IT and risk methodologies;
- Engage with and / or direct / supervise other staff members (guest auditors from the business / co-source staff) to ensure engagements are completed appropriately and on time;
- Efficiently identify risks, mitigating control activities and tests of control activities for audit purposes;
- Monitor and report on the status of outstanding actions;
- Interpret policies and procedures relating to role and function, contribute to improvement of work processes to ensure they are kept in line with current best practice;
- Take the lead on implementing specific strategic workstreams to help make the function more efficient, agile, effective in its operation and reporting;
- Take accountability over the key data sources and data management, including internal repositories and technology (e.g. Pentana, audit reports, status of audit actions, etc). Implement agile processes to manage and report this data quickly and efficiently to those charged with governance;
- Business partnering, ability to guide and support the IT community in solutioning and influencing the culture of control awareness as well as IT risks;
- Support in shaping the high-risk assurance areas in a complex, multifaceted technology landscape i.e. providing structure in the approach for scoping audits and how they will be delivered;
- Work closely and support the regional teams, as the SME for IT matters by delivering, coaching and training team on integrated auditors.
How to apply
- Relevant qualification or the equivalent work experience, ideally in a professional services environment.
- Experience in risk-based IT auditing across a range of processes using the latest audit methodologies, techniques and tools.
- Experience in use and application of data presentation, preferably Tableau, and data analytics tools.
- Experience in SQL programming.
- Experience in working with multi-faceted technology platforms relating to databases and operating systems; together with developing scripts for data extraction from ERP, with focus on SAP, environment.
- Strong business partnership capabilities.
Internal applicants should advise their manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. The c losing date is 25 th September.