Who we areFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.Note:Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
Provide full address detailsResume is requiredMultiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
- DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
- DON'T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
- NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Global Investigations (GI) is seeking a highly talented, self-motivated and analytical individual to conduct complex investigations to identify financial crime patterns, trending, and typologies, and proactively work with internal and external partners, including law enforcement. This role requires prior investigative experience with cybercrime, complex fraud/AML, insider abuse, and/or high profile/high priority events. This role also requires a self-starter with the ability to think critically and strategically when handling investigations, seeing beyond the initial facts presented and reviewing information thoroughly and in a highly organized manner to drive the investigation to conclusion. This role also requires the ability to operate independently, manage multiple competing priorities with difficult deadlines, and exhibit a sense of urgency when necessary.
- Provide investigative support with initiatives and projects to identify patterns, trending, and typologies in furtherance of the mission and purpose of the Global Investigations team.
- Conduct comprehensive, high quality end-to-end complex investigations to identify financial crime patterns, trending, and typologies impacting PayPal and the global user community;
- Drive investigations to a timely conclusion following the completion of a comprehensive analysis of information across multiple platforms and jurisdictions to timely and appropriately detect potentially suspicious activity and fulfill time-sensitive regulatory filing obligations; prepare drafts of Suspicious Activity Reports/STRs to ensure they are factually accurate and materially sound prior to submitting them for approval for filing;
- Identify broader policy and product issues where applicable, in the scope of critically analyzing investigative leads and root cause.
- Engage and partner with internal stakeholders and external partners in thinking and acting critically to identify opportunities for collaboration, raise awareness of investigative findings, and develop recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Investigators should stay current with internal policy changes and industry practices, and should seek opportunities to participate in enhancing current policies and controls in support of the mission and purpose of the Global Investigations team.
- Other related tasks as required
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three years professional experience conducting investigations related to cybercrime, complex fraud/AML, insider abuse, and/or high profile/high priority events.
- Experience at PayPal preferred and valued.Consideration will be given to candidates who have less than three years' investigative experience but have PayPal institutional knowledge and have demonstrated strong skills applicable to the role.
- Other related tasks as required, to include potential court or grand jury appearances.
- Proven ability to analyze large amounts of data in order to report critical information.
- Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues.
- Proven knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering regulations and guidance such as the Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
- Advanced data query and analysis skills (SQL, SAS, Teradata, Hadoop, Splunk, I2, etc.)
- Experience with digital forensic analysis or network security.
- Understanding of financially motivated cybercrime trends and typologies.
- Prior law enforcement experience a plus
- CAMS designation a plus.
- Travel, as needed;
- Solid writing skills with ability to both write persuasively and convey complex matters in clear and simple written form.
- Expert oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information accurately, clearly and quickly to all levels
- Provide suggestions and demonstrate problem solving abilities.
- Excellent project management, organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and make sound decisions;
- Display a high level of professional judgment, commitment, integrity, and teamwork;
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to positively influence teams through a climate of change;
- Results oriented with the ability to identify the long-term effects of decisions /solutions on customers and the business;
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and its applications, including Windows and Windows based applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
London, London, United Kingdom
Additional Locations:We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]