Waiter/Waitress - Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon
Located in the heart of Piccadilly in our beautiful flagship store. This central London location, offers so much to explore including restaurants, bars, cultural sites, shopping and more, and only a short walk from the Green Park Tube Station and plenty of bus stops.
Epitomising the sophistication of Afternoon and High Tea in all its splendour, our Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon serves an extraordinary selection of teas, our famous fluffy scones and delicious sandwiches 7 days a week for all those special occasions. The Queen opened the Tea Salon in 2012 in honour of her Diamond Jubilee. The Tea Salon also specialises in private dining hosting an array of events from charity balls to private birthday parties.
We are currently looking for passionate Waiters/Waitresses to work in our fabulous Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon and helping our customers have a truly enjoyable experience.
- Run and maintain the appearance of your station and section to the highest degree
- Adhere to the agreed standards of table lay-up and MEP
- Set all tables in accordance with the standards provided
- Take instruction from head waiter, anticipate their requirements
- Provide attentive and prompt service
- React and deal with issues, complaints, breakages, spillages in a manner befitting the restaurant's ethos
- Create and deliver an extraordinary customer experience, meeting all targets set
- Maintain excellent restaurant standards and cleanliness of fixtures
- Ensure the menus are displayed and accurate
- Ensure grooming standards meet company requirements
We expect the successful candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- Experience within Afternoon Tea/High Tea/Private Dining
- Demonstrate an authentic and passionate understanding of brand, menus and restaurant service
- Build up strong relationship with customers in order to encourage repeated visits
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think quickly and rationally to ever-changing situations
- Consistently leading by example
At Fortnum & Mason we've been innovating for more than 300 years and as part of our mission to deliver a sense of pleasure for the centuries to come. We have grown to be a digitally focused and multi-channel company with the excitement of expanding our family to include those willing to grow with us.
If you have what it takes to help us deliver a sense of pleasure to our guests and want the opportunity to progress your career in Hospitality, please apply today!
- Discretionary bonus payment
- Discount of up to 40% on our products
- A highly subsidised restaurant for our people
- Interest free travel loan
- 25% off at all Fortnum's restaurants
- Additional days of holiday, following milestone service (5 and 15 years)
- Holiday day to enjoy on your birthday
- Excellent pension with life assurance