Open Cosmos are revolutionising space technology and opening up the cosmos to everyone. Our simple, affordable satellite missions give organisations the chance to use space technology as a tool to get your ideas into orbit. Our mission is to make the leaps in space that become the leaps on Earth.
Compiled of 50+ people from over 15 nationalities, we have a culturally diverse workforce full of Engineers, Software Developers, Business developers and Mission Managers! Beyond the office, we have bakers, long distance runners, climbers, rowers, golfers and mixed martial artists!
By making space data more accessible and affordable, we want to be the platform that allows applicable solutions to be the prevention, not the cure. When tragedy strikes, Earth Observation satellites can be used to detect where resources would be most effective and map out the scale of damage to help decision makers rebuild.
Description of the Position
Recruiting and retaining the best talents is one of the most critical activities we have on our plate, as it will define who we are as a company. As our Head of People you will be responsible for leading the People team in all relevant HR activities and will report directly to the CEO.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Working with the management team and team leaders you will own all people operations related activities.
- Over time, you will build, challenge and motivate a team of People Operations assistants to deliver a complete human resources capability that can scale as the company grows, in a multinational/multi-site environment
- Define the People Operations strategy and provide human resources support and consultation across the business on the most complex issues, supporting staff, managers and executives in all related areas and regions including: recruitment, performance management, compensation and rewards, staff relations, and people development.
- Provide useful data to help guide decision making, and allow the company to scale effectively and efficiently.
- Provide leadership on people related issues and policies across the company.
- Be able to communicate at all levels in the company and to support business development and change
Skills, attitude and experience
- 10 years of HR experience including experience in small/start-up companies
- Hold a relevant degree or equivalent experience with proof of HR related qualifications and experience with applicable European regulatory frameworks.
- Experience in leading a People Operations or Human Resources team.
- Ability to work with multi-cultural environment across multiple sites
- Willingness to grow professionally in the company as the company scales
- Leadership skills but also hands-on approach
Nice to have
- Knowledge of different European employment regulatory frameworks
- Speak several languages
You will enjoy
- Working with a team of passionate people to help solve the world's biggest challenges
- Working at one of the world’s leading space campuses
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Social clubs organised by the team – so far we’ve got Run Club, Paella Club, ice-skating Club and Thirsty Club
- Remote working and Home working as per company policy