Location: Bloxham, Banbury OX15 4PE
Salary: £35-£40k depending on experience
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours pw
Bloxham School is a medium sized, independent co-educational day and boarding school for students aged 11-18. Situated in the beautiful Oxfordshire village of Bloxham, the school is only three miles away from the M40 London to Birmingham motorway. Our students enjoy superb facilities for academic work, sport, technology and the arts on a modern, single-site campus.
Bloxham School is looking to appoint a Head of Admissions to coordinate the work of the Admissions Department. The successful applicant will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all aspects of the admissions process driving recruitment of new pupils.
Head of Admissions – The Role:
The Head of Admissions will work as part of a small specialist team as well as developing and fostering effective relationships with a wide range of academic and support colleagues. He or she will be a prominent ambassador for the school and will combine a genuine commitment to excellent customer service and strong market knowledge with the provision of strong technical, numerical and IT skills.
• To be a primary point of contact for all matters relating to admission to the School.
• To coordinate individual visits to the School for prospective parents and pupils.
• To meet personally with prospective parents and pupils to discuss matters relating to admission to the School.
• To attend online meetings with parents, agents and candidates based overseas.
• To work closely with the members of the admissions team on all matters relating to admissions procedures.
• Keep abreast of all matters, including academic issues, relating to entrance to the School.
• To contribute to the development of an effective recruitment strategy.
• Manage and maintain entry and waiting lists.
• Maintain contact with Feeder Schools as required.
• Implement effective follow up systems for all inquiries, tours, registrations and offers.
• Prepare and oversee admissions related correspondence.
• Manage the team of Admissions.
• Carry out annual staff reviews.
• Manage any HR issues in coordination with the HR Officer and Deputy Head (System and Staffing).
• Oversee annual holiday and sickness records,
Provision of Data & Information
• Data entry, operation and input to the Admissions area of the School database to record, interrogate and present data.
• Produce the monthly Admissions Register and the maintenance of electronic files to comply with DfE (Independent School Inspectorate) regulations.
• Promote and market the school effectively in line with agreed strategy alongside the Head of Marketing.
• Provide admissions input into the development of marketing strategy.
• To assist in the promotion and further development of the school’s bursary recruitment strategy.
• Responsibility for ensuring that admissions information remains consistent across all communication media, internal and externally driven, most especially on the School website and in the School’s printed prospectus material.
• Participate in Bloxham School Open Days and other internal and external Admissions and promotional events including representing the School at external prep school pupil recruitment events.
Anything else reasonably requested in relation to the work of the Admissions and Marketing department.
Head of Admissions – Personal Specification:
• A good graduate degree
• Excellent knowledge of the independent education sector
• Demonstrable track record of effective customer relations/care and communication
• Demonstrable track record of successful people leadership
• Strong interpersonal skills: excellent telephone manner and confident public speaking skills for communicating and building relationships with parents, pupils, feeder schools and colleagues
• Confident, energetic and self-motivated team player
• Proven ability to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines in a very busy organisation
• Highly literate with excellent written communication skills
• Advanced IT skills including experience of managing a database
• Excellent numeracy, combined with the ability to understand, track and explain data
• A creative problem solver with the ability to think ahead
• Excellent administrative and organisational abilities: very methodical with good attention to detail and the ability to use initiative and to prioritise workload
• Co-operative, reliable, customer responsive with a “can do” attitude essential
• A sense of humour with the ability to remain calm and cope with the unexpected
• A commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
• A commitment to valuing and respecting the views and needs of children and young people
Experience of school-based admissions and administrative procedures
Head of Admissions – Benefits:
• £35-£40k depending on experience
• Meal provided during working hours.
• 21 days’ holiday per annum plus statutory bank holidays
• Membership of the School’s defined pension scheme.
• Access to the School’s sporting and leisure facilities.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “Apply” now forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
TribePost works very closely with the UK’s top job boards, and our knowledge and expertise ensures your vacancies are presented in a way that grabs the attention of your ideal candidate. Our service doesn’t stop there. CV bombardment is the bane of every employers life; we take that pain away. Our filtering process gets rid of the CV's you don’t want, presenting you only with those we know you’ll want to see. All you then have to do is set up the interviews and make the final decision.
Registered Office: 36B Speirs Wharf, Port Dundas, Glasgow, G4 9TG
Company Reg No. - SC372990 | VAT Reg No. - GB986160980
Banbury, Bloxham, England, Oxfordshire, OX15, United Kingdom