Apprenticeship IQA - Commis ChefLocation
£150-£180 p/dReports To:
Quality ManagerAbout Let Me Play (LMP) and LMP Education.
Let Me Play is part of a group of companies focused on education and social impact; working together to bring about positive, sustainable change. The various divisions of LMP service schools, businesses and individuals across the UK through Wraparound Care, Alternative Education, Residential Camps and Apprenticeships.
LMP Education, is a division of Let Me Play and provides apprenticeship training.
Together, we are a team of industry leaders who know the power of encouragement and positive influence and advocate for education opportunities and healthy lifestyles for the people we work with.
Our ever-ambitious team has driven the expansion of our programmes. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and are passionate about making a difference, we want to hear from you. Job Purpose
LMP are looking for an experienced IQA [Internal Quality Assurer] to take ownership over the Commis Chef qualification from a quality and sampling perspective. You will IQA, sample, observe and manage a small caseload of learners [Level 2-4]. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience as an IQA, qualified to Level 4 Diploma or Certificate in Verification processes and practice.Key Responsibilities
Required Education, Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Ensure all learners are progressing well in all areas of their qualification and training programme.
- Implementation of the Functional Skills Strategy as directed by the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Implementation of an effective IQA and OTLA Strategy.
- Instilling a culture of quality across the whole department.
- Manage a small caseload of between 10-15 learners.
- Keep an up to date Risk Register and ensure timely intervention when learners are at risk of falling behind.
- Safeguarding Policy, Prevent Duty and British Values implementation and development. Ensure a culture of safeguarding best practice across the department and manage staff who lead on the above areas.
- Development of the 20% OTJT. Ensuring all Tutors are planning and recording the 20% off-the-job-training.
- Ensuring our e-portfolio, Smart Assessor is always up to date. KPI: 80% of learners on track.
- Implementation allocated actions from the QIP within given timelines as directed by the Quality Assurance Manager.
- To graduate a minimum number of young people from the course, number to be agreed with line manager ahead of course delivery.
- To deliver inclusive and high-quality courses, materials and opportunities to all learners and to liaison with the Education and Quality Assurance Managers to ensure and address the quality of work offered, and actively seek to eliminate any indirect or direct discriminatory practice or behaviours.
- To lead the tutoring of the qualifications, through having planned lessons, and to ensure these are engaging, creative and in line with our quality assurance process.
- To mark and assess work of the learners and where necessary assist those who need extra support by delivering small group work.
- To keep proper and accurate records and registers, ensuring effective monitoring and evaluation of learners' progression, and to support the writing of reports as required.
Safeguarding, Prevent & Equal Opportunities
- Hold a Qualification in Internal Quality Assurance AND/OR Assessing
- Track record of practicing Internal Quality Assurance to raise standards on provision
- Experience in onboarding, inducting, training and mentoring delivery staff
- Continuing evidence of meeting or exceeding KPI's in delivery and achievement
The LMP Group are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers.