At Sanctuary Care, we believe in providing high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. It goes without saying that kindness is what care is all about, so first and foremost, we carefully choose our staff for their kind and compassionate nature. We aim to care, nurture and enrich the lives of all in our 'family' at Sanctuary Care, whether that's our staff, residents or family members. Assistant Chef Ashley House Residential Care Home, Forest Road, Bordon, Hampshire £10.23 per hour 36 hours per week Why work for us?
We spend so much time at work don't we, so our ethos at Sanctuary Care is to enrich the lives of both our residents and staff. Let's have some fun while we're at work, support each other and work hard as a team. There's loads of training and promotion opportunities available for those who want to pursue it and every day job satisfaction at Ashley House Residential Care Home
for all regardless of role.
Sanctuary Care has over 100 care homes and you can 'feel' the difference a team makes the moment you step through one of our doors. The team at Ashley House Residential Care Home
is special and we're looking for special people to join us. Become a part of it and apply for this role. Where you'll work
When you walk into the care home, it's like you are taking a step back in time. The environment is designed to feel homely and stimulate reminiscence. For many residents the kitchen would have been the heart of their home. Families would sit around chatting and preparing food together. With this in mind, there is the old fashioned cottage kitchen, with a traditional Range oven, a wooden table and vintage-style kitchen equipment. Residents will sit together and supported by the team will prep vegetables for dinner, make cakes and cookies, fold tea towels and simply do things that are meaningful to them. There is a bar area called The Dog and Trumpet, which has a working gramophone and old records to play. There is a traditional bar, tables and chairs. This is a lovely area for residents to take loved ones when they visit. They can sit together and have lunch, with a tipple of something that takes their fancy.
Click here for further information about the home Are you our next Assistant Chef? Here's more about the role:
Benefits and rewards
- We are looking for an Assistant Chef who will work with the Chef Manager, to prepare a varied set of quality menus for our residents
- You will promote and monitor food hygiene and safety standards, carry out risk assessments and clean the kitchen to a high standard
- You will have daily interaction with residents, visitors and colleagues; therefore we are looking for someone who is friendly, approachable and passionate
- Experience of working within a catering environment and a valid food hygiene certificate is required.
We know you work so hard and being the best Assistant Chef you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- CQC performance bonus
- Overtime enhancement
- Occupational sick pay after qualifying period
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £750 available
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary Care
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via 'My Rewards'
- Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care.
We hope you feel you could be our next team member. If you'd like to know more about the role before you apply, please call us for a chat on 01420 489 877 and quote Ref: 77503 Closing date: 23 July 2020
We might get a lot of applications so reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Don't miss out, please apply early. Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Care Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.