At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and support people. In Newton Longville, near Bletchley, Milton Keynes we provide high-quality care and support to adults with learning and physical disabilities.
We are looking for some great new Support Workers to join our team who have the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference.
Who we are looking for
Experience of care and support work is preferred but it`s more important you have the right values and behaviours. Our values are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
We will give you all the training and support you need to do the role including a qualification in health and social care, if you don`t already have one.
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
About the Role
You`ll be empowering our service users to lead the life they want and you`ll support them to get involved with the community and maintain relationships with their friends and families. They enjoy visiting the local cinema, attending church and taking part in activities at the local leisure centre
You`ll join a strong, supportive team who are great communicators and able to engage with our residents who are mainly nonverbal or who have limited verbal communication skills. As part of the role you will be required to provide personal care and support with eating and drinking. You will also be required to write support plans and undertake risk assessments. It is a challenging but rewarding role where you can really be the difference to someone`s life.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact us on [email protected]
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- Annual bonuses based on satisfactory performance
- Regular reviews of salary and cost of living to ensure you receive above the market salary for the role
- An organisational commitment to employee health and wellbeing
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary and a workplace pension scheme.
- Ongoing training and support to deliver outstanding support
- Fully paid DBS
- A structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer