Do you want to improve the world? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to get in at the ground level working at a world-changing organization just as they started growing rapidly? Excited by the opportunity to power world-class entrepreneurs and Changemakers as they work to positively impact the lives of 100,000's & 1,000,000's for decades to come?
At Ignite Mental Health we're accelerating world-class mental health entrepreneurs and mobilizing students at scale to catalyze the scalable innovations and legislative changes needed to transform the future of student mental health literacy and access. Using this approach, we're working to make the impossible inevitable; helping build and scale lasting legislative changes and breakthrough organizations to be as impactful as Google and Facebook that focus solely on equipping every student with a standard measure of mental health literacy and access.
Become a member of a mission-driven founding team that grew rapidly from the Harvard and MIT communities, with the support of the Harvard Innovation Labs Venture Incubation Program, to become a nationwide effort in just nine months! All of us at Ignite have experienced first-hand, or through the experiences of loved ones and friends, the pain caused by just how broken our approaches towards mental health really are so we're fixing it, on a national scale and accelerated timeline. You will perch atop a fast-growing organization working to catalyze national and global change with the opportunity to learn, grow, and hopefully thrive in our fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and impact-driven environment. Who we'd love the chance to work with
We are looking for a bold, creative and boundary-pushing Creative Director & Senior Editor - Video who is enthralled by the challenge and excited by the opportunity to deliver short, yet powerful, video content capable of engaging, activating and mobilizing not only Ignite's network but thousands of people across the United States. You will join a high-energy and deeply committed creative team investing and volunteering their time to reduce suffering and save lives, on a national scale and accelerated timeline.
Also, as you saw from the title, we're straight up - we're not funded by a zillionaire (yet!) and this is a non-compensated opening which is volunteer in nature at a social impact non-profit.
Here's some examples of the type of videos we're looking forward to creating together:
We're expanding our world-class team fast... And this is where you come in. What you'll do
- Own Ignite's social video plan to drive social engagement, activation and mobilization efforts. Lead the creation of video content end-to-end from conception to final delivery, including concept and storyboard development, creative, copywriting, video editing /post-production work.
- Own the creation of compelling high-energy videos for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and our own website channels. This may involve weaving stock video clips, imagery & current video clips.
- Ignite is a fast-growing startup and we are seeking candidates who are open to discussing, and if applicable, assuming adjusted areas of responsibility based on the organizations evolution and growth.
Time, Structure & Financial
- At least 3 years experience of creating & editing (start to finish) social and/or digital videos. Or alternatively, an extensive portfolio of compelling videos created end-to-end.
- An accessible portfolio of past videos created.
- Deeply committed to transforming the future of mental health (but that's a given!).
- Experience creating engaging videos (start to finish) to be distributed on social channels (especially Instagram and Facebook).
- Demonstrated proficiency in video editing and graphic design, particularly using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Passionate, positive, self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, and sometimes unstructured, startup environment.
- Success in this role may involve volunteering 3 - 7 hours per week, potentially on a rotating basis dependent on the successful candidate's preferences. Based on these preferences we may appoint two or more professionals as Co-Directors to facilitate a division of responsibilities and time. The successful candidate(s) will have the opportunity to join the HQ team remotely or in-person* during 9-5 EST hours, or outside of these hours, with an array of integration and team interaction options available.
- Ignite Mental Health currently operates as a uniquely high-skilled, volunteer run 501(c)(3) & 501(c)(4)-in-formation non-profit; efficiently coordinated by an exceptionally dedicated core Head Office team, collectively working to reduce suffering and save lives on a national scale and accelerated timeline.
- This position is non-compensated and volunteer in nature. For candidates who are enrolled or work in a University or Sponsoring Organization, we of course assist in the preparation of documentation required to support applications for stipends, non-profit work pay related programs, financial fellowships or financial scholarships. While our incoming Capital Raising Team will be working hard to establish partnerships to fund stipends, salary and other renumeration, we are unfortunately unable to commit to compensation of any form at this time.
- Third-party websites may provide erroneously calculated salary projections for positions. These estimates are not provided by Ignite and are incorrect.
- Our Co-Creative Director & Senior Editor - Video would be welcome to work remotely or in-person with our Founder and key team members in the Boston area. In-person options may be dependent on a range of COVID-19 health and safety related factors.
Ignite Mental Health is not a department of Harvard University, nor are we in anyway owned or operated by the University. Ignite is a nonprofit startup founded by Harvard students and alumni which is incubated by and works (pre-covid) out of the Harvard Innovation Labs Venture Program. We ask that all communications are directed to Ignite & not the Harvard Innovation Lab.
This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work which may be performed by persons assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities or other potentially relevant information which may change between the date of this posting and potential interviews.
We're working to scale innovative solutions and legislative changes -unafraid of transforming traditional approaches-that tackle the root causes of some of the biggest problems affecting mental health.
Are you in?