A Charitable organisation in North West London is looking for a freelance Registered Nurse (RGN) with a bit of time to spare. As a Nurse Consultant, you will be visiting service users in their homes to carry out assessments, which last up to 1 hour per session. The assessments are part of our referral process. The main purpose of your job is to ensure that applicants referred to the Organisation are well suited to the support provided by our Outreach Volunteers.
We provide Health Carers to help vulnerable persons who are isolated; such as the Elderly, Disabled persons, people with Long-term illnesses, as well as persons with mild Mental Health needs. Isolation can have negative effects on a person’s mental and physical well-being. Many vulnerable persons in the UK spend long periods of time without speaking to anyone. Having someone to talk to, however brief, can uplift an individual’s life. Therefore, your role as a Nurse Consultant would make a significant difference in improving the well-being of vulnerable people.
Our service users reside in various locations of West and North West London i.e. within the London Boroughs of Brent, Ealing, Richmond and the environs.
About the Candidate
The ideal Registered Nurse candidate will have the following skills and values:
• A nurse qualification (RGN) with a valid NMC pin number
• At least 3 years’ experience working as a staff nurse or registered nurse
• Previous experience of working in a Care Home environment is desirable but not essential
• A committed and organised approach
• Be a good listener and have good communication skills
• Be patient, caring, sympathetic and non-judgemental
• Flexible to work patterns
• Willing to commute to various service users’ addresses
The candidate will be subject to satisfactory reference checks and must also be checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
• Flexible working hours
• Helping support vulnerable persons
• Gain valuable work experience
Please send us your CV and covering letter ASAP. Only short listed candidates will be notified.