Our Local Director’s know the who’s who in their local business community. We are looking for someone who will be the face of Metro Bank for SME customers looking to grow their business. This is an opportunity to build something in your community and you will have the chance to take charge of your own P&L. We are also looking for an amazing leader who can nurture colleagues to be the best they can be.
If this sounds like you... read on
So what would you be doing?...
• Creating fans in the local business community by attending networking events, store events and generally getting out there; spreading the word that there is a new Bank in town
• Searching out local businesses who want a different approach when it comes to their Banking. You can talk to them about all of our service lines, lending, deposits, asset finance, invoice finance, cash management and coming soon Trade and FX. You can also talk to them about switching their whole Bank account to Metro
• Leading a 20+ colleague Store to make sure we are making the best of every interaction with all of our customers, so that we create FANS for life and bring more people into the Store
• Building amazing relationships with your internal colleagues to provide our customers with a first class experience across all areas of Metro Bank
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
Prepared to stick at something – we wonder what might be the issue if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Demonstrate a passion for understanding and getting to know local businesses. These businesses will range in terms of size and industries. Ideally you will know something about most of them, the rest we can help you learn about.
• Writing credit papers – you will need to understand a balance sheet and have a good eye for detail. It’s important that you ask lots of questions to make sure that we are lending responsibly and keeping the Bank safe
• Leading teams – small or large, we don’t mind too much as long as you know that looking after your Store colleagues is one of the most important things you do every day
Leicester, England, Leicester, LE1, United Kingdom