GSL Education working with a Primary School in Accrington, searching for a Teaching Assistant to assist with interventions. This is a thrilling time to be joining the school, as they are looking to increase their ever-growing team of highly dedicated Teachers and Support Staff.
The role will require you to support both the teacher and the pupils, as well as become involved in the extracurricular activities of the school. Main
· To work with identified pupils and small groups of pupils under the supervision of the teacher including the implementation of ILPs and the keeping of up to date records of interventions.
· Give daily feedback on pupil progress to the class teacher and update supporting documents as and when needed.
· Develop and sustain positive relationships with all pupils, acting as a role model by presenting a positive personal image and responding appropriately to individual needs.
· Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
· Supervise lunchtime provision.
· Attend to pupils' personal needs, including pastoral, social, health, physical hygiene, minor first aid and welfare matters.
· At least a Level 2 qualification in Supporting and Learning, with previous experience of providing interventions assistance
· A full year supporting with a full class is desirable
· Creative, Passionate and Fun
· Passionate to grow and develop
· Valid DBS registered with the update service, or be prepared to apply for a new one
· Be able to provide references (Work or University based) covering the last two years
· Phonics experience is also desirable, however training will be given
Interviews and trials are taking place right now for this exciting opportunity, with a view to commencing the role in February 2020.
To apply for the role please send CV to Emma or call Emma Bowen on for more details.
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All our roles are subject to the relevant checks and procedures
Maximum Salary :
Accrington, England, Lancashire, BB5, United Kingdom