About the Role:
As one of the world's leading engineering, professional services and technical consultancy firms, at WSP, we're passionate about the big questions. And big answers, naturally. For us that's all about reaching beyond the expected to do work that'll make a profound impact felt long into the future.
WSP is the UK's largest supplier of Land Services and is looking to broaden and strengthen its team of experienced property professionals across the UK with immediate vacancies for Senior Land and Property Surveyors to join our established team in our Manchester office. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding multidisciplinary firm with the Land Services team in the delivery of Land Referencing, Landowner Engagement, Survey Access, Wayleaves and Consents, Statutory Orders, Property Acquisition, Valuation, Compulsory Purchase and Compensation negotiations in support of major infrastructure projects in the UK.
A typical week would include:
• Land project delivery, providing support to clients ensuring that all project technical work is delivered on time, within budget and to the agreed standards
• Analysing land referencing information, title searches and mapping to understand how scheme requirements affect land ownership
• Undertake property valuations and compensation assessments across varied and sometimes challenging property types
• Provide professional advice and carry out negotiations on site acquisitions, access agreements, rationalisation reviews, estate management, disposal, regeneration and infrastructure schemes, including for compulsory purchase and compensation
• Organise and carry out site visits, meeting and liaising with land owners, their agents, legal teams and other stakeholders
• Report progress to our clients regularly ensuring client satisfaction and expectations are met
• Generate new instructions from existing and new clients, with ability to secure repeat business
• Work closely in a team environment with our engineering, environmental, lands and wayleaving teams
• Advise clients on compliance with statutory and industry best practice
• Creation of records of condition
• Attending weekly/monthly project meetings and providing updates to project stakeholders
Support other team members on a project-by-project basis and assist with the quality assurance of work delivered by others.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
This role would suit an experienced Land and Property professional, who is working within the Transport and Infrastructure property sector and is looking for the opportunity to develop their career.
• Proven track record in the management and delivery of land and property related services
• Ability to communicate effectively and have strong influencing and negotiating skills
• Experience of infrastructure development schemes and ideally to include Compulsory Purchase and Compensation work
• Working knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. Transport Works Act 1992, Planning Act 2008, Compulsory Acquisition and Compensation Code etc)
• Demonstrable experience and track record of the development of Orders and/or acquisition of consents and interests in land, and knowledge of relevant legislation
• Strong landowner engagement skills, and understanding of the complex stakeholder environment in which services are to be delivered
• Knowledge of both rural and urban environments would be desirable
• Good business and IT skills
• Membership of RICS, AssocRICS and/or RICS Registered Valuer status would be advantageous
• Strong adherence to quality assurance and good document management skills
• Motivated and able to work in a team and on own initiative, being able to work under pressure and deliver high quality to time and cost constraints
• Have a commitment to Continuing Professional Development, and keeping up to date with challenges that face our clients
• A full UK driving licence is required.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme - so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) - WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We're dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.