About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a SITE MANAGER (Substations)
to join our Power Transmission & Distribution business based in Dartford.Role Purpose:
Front line management and day-to-day responsibility for Health & Safety, Quality, Cost Control and Client satisfaction. Supervise and monitor teams to consistently deliver value with the highest standard. Forward plan and programme the daily work to use all resources efficiently.
What you'll be doing
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for the following:
- Delivery of specific tasks on your project(s) and outperform on key success measures;
- Have an awareness of the specific commercial and business risks to achieve targets;
- Have an awareness of the relevant commercial terms and conditions for your tasks/project(s) and deliver accordingly;
- Support the Project Manager /Project Engineer to proactively manage the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to effectively manage expectation;
- Support the Project Manager/Project Engineer in their leadership of Zero Harm and drive for continuous improvement across SHEQ;
- Collaborate relentlessly to ensure best opportunities for Power T&D are targeted and that the resources are utilised in the most efficient way on your project;
- Support the Project Manager /Project Engineer to develop and support the project team to be successful by talking positively, listening actively and encouraging constantly.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience: Essential
- Extensive site management experience on Substation projects of up to 400kV;
- National Grid Competent Person essential.
- Evidence of National Grid substation experience in a Site Management role.
- Knowledge and experience of National Grids TP process and systems.
- Principe Contractor.
- Insulation and Build of Substations.
- Client (N.G) interaction experience.
- Knowledge of Project Management methdology;
- Contracting Background.
- Commercial awareness with knowledge of both budgetary and Financial control;
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to work across conflicting interest groups to develop solutions to complex operational and commercial problems;
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to tease out sensitive issues and lead cross-functional teams towards solutions;
- Risk Assessment trained or equivalent;
- A qualification in IOSH, CDM or equivalent is desirable;
- City and Guilds NVQ or equivalent.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Our contracts range from GBP50,000 schemes to GBP100 million plus major projects. Our people are our biggest asset and we focus on recruiting, training and developing the people who can apply innovation to deliver the infrastructure of the future. We nurture these talents, offer a great benefits package and continually invest in developing the skills of our people at every level.
Balfour Beattys Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions. With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid our teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations. From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the worlds most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects. We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation. Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life. Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.