My client globally delivers composite materials, engineering, processing tools and equipment as well as parts and solutions to a world-class customer list. They are a system partner for wind energy customers globally, with focus on the wind turbine blade. With their unique offerings and in-depth understanding of the value chain they help to increase wind energy competitiveness and promote its sustainable growth. For lightweighting applications they use their knowledge and expertise to provide high-performance materials and engineering.
They are looking for an inspirational leader to drive the business. A leader driven by results and someone that can come in and shape the business - Would this role and location be of interest?
The role of Site Manager is an exciting opportunity to Lead the UK Manufacturing Site, with both a strategic long-term view as well as a short-medium tactical view, to assure its sustainability and satisfaction of key stakeholders (Society, Employees, Customers, Suppliers, Investors, Management).
• Responsible for direction, strategy, planning and execution for the Formulated portfolio, with a special focus on relevant and competitive product offering for defined key markets.
• Leading all activities to meet or exceed objectives for being a world class manufacturer of formulated products with respect to Safety, Quality and Cost competitiveness.
• Operating a safe working environment
• Lead and direct the site operations management team through effective management and empowerment.
• Lead culture change and employee engagement
• Ensure that the Formulated Operation (safety, quality, delivery and service, costs, new launches, environment, inventories) is operated to the highest standards in line with the mission statement, values and objectives of the business.
• Promote team-work and continuous improvement in all Factory areas (production, logistics, administration), through smart investment, review of methodologies, training, innovation, empowerment, delegation, management systems, increased knowledge, etc.
• Lead operations by defined system of Key Process Indicators (quick, accurate, effective and up-to-date) and follow-up across the operations (safety, internal and external quality, delivery, costs, environment) to evaluate performance.
• Support the development of new business through active engagement with key departments (PM, R&D, PD, Sales)
• Pursue definition, proposal, approval and implementation of smart Capex investments across the factory to achieve improvements in cost, quality, safety, environment, innovation, productivity, to achieve a sustainable factory with long term view.
Skills and Experience
• 3-5 years experience of managing at a senior level in a manufacturing environment within a comparable industry.
• In-depth understanding of base manufacturing processes, including Safety, Quality, Lean Manufacturing.
• Proven understanding the financial/economic concepts related to a manufacturing site (P&L, balance sheets, inventories, cash management) and key drivers to reduce costs.
• Experience with running manufacturing related projects (set-up/change production lines, CAPEX projects)
• Exposure to OEM's, customers and regulatory bodies, ability to close significant contracts, negotiation power
• Chemical Engineering Degree (preferred) or Mechanical Engineering
• Master in Business Administration
• 6-Sigma Black Belt
- Ad Posted: 10/Jun/20:
- Location: Newport, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom:
- Salary (approx): Competitive:
- Job Type: Permanent:
- Experience: Senior:
- Languages Required: English:
- Reference: 898361560: