Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we'd like a helping hand. We'll be in touch if we need you.
Galliford Try Infrastructure is looking for Engineers
to be based throughout our Environmental business in Scotland to cover a number of waste and water projects. These roles will sit within our recently branded Morrison Water and will include various frameworks such as ESD and Scottish Water. You will be based on a project where you are most needed to avoid heavy travel (where possible).
Roles are available in:
1 x Edinburgh
1 x Glasgow
1 x Dundee
2 x Inverness Role Overview:
To assist the Section Engineer in taking full responsibility for overall projects setting out and site management functions allocated by the Agent during site occupation. Ensuring site safety is maintained in line with GT standards. Maintaining and maximising quality of service and profitability. Key Responsibilities:
Experience and Qualifications:
- Assist the Section Engineer in managing in conjunction with the Agent the initial site set-up, actively installing GT systems and procedures
- Apply effective planning techniques, method analysis and controls to ensure the most effective and continuous use of resources
- Ensure method statements and risk assessments are appropriate for work being carried out
- Assist in developing the construction element within the Project Management Plan
- Responsible for monitoring the quality of the works in conjunction with the Test and Inspection Plan and maintain as built records
- Co-ordinate site setting out to satisfy contract programme requirements, delegating or carrying out setting out as necessary
- Ensure standard GT procedures are adopted in carrying out setting out operations
- Ensure that effective methods of communication are used in transmitting information to operatives and subcontractors
- Ensure accurate records/sketches of setting out are maintained
- Assist the Section Engineer, Agent and Commercial Department by compiling data to record resources utilised on each activity
- Participate in the implementation of strict financial controls on the payment of subcontractors, suppliers and operatives
- Safety is the cornerstone of GT strategy.
- Recognise that Health and Safety considerations are central to all tasks and contribute to ensuring safe working environment for all.
- Actively support the Agent in maintaining and enforcing safety standards as required by statute and in accordance with the Company's Health and Safety Standards listed in the Business Management System.
- Actively maintain and enforce safety standards in accordance with the GT Health & Safety Policy Sections 2.10 and the GT Environmental Policy Sections 2.10
- Understand and implement the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets
- Comply, as appropriate, with the processes contained within the GT BMS
- Suggest improvements to the GT BMS when they become apparent
- It is incumbent upon all members of staff to maintain standards of discipline that accord with the Conditions of Service.
- Previous experience in an Engineer role is preferred
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package and we will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements
With an ambitious strategy, we're poised for further growth and success, so if you're committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you. About us:
Galliford Try is one of the UK's most formidable construction businesses with an enviable track record of delivering schemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change for the communities we work in. With an impressive order book of over £3.2 billion we are one of the industry's leading principal contractors, affording you the opportunity to work on some of the UK's most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment. Infrastructure
Operating under Galliford Try in England and Wales and Morrison Construction in Scotland, we are a leading contractor on infrastructure projects in the public and regulated sectors. From highways and rail to renewable energy and water, delivering a specialist capability from concept and design through to project implementation and maintenance.
Galliford Try's Infrastructure Security business works predominantly within the UK's Critical National Infrastructure market, focussing on Defence, Water, Energy, Transport and Telecommunications sectors. We deliver multi-site security programs, and our expertise in the planning, design and delivery processes, together with our CNI Security knowledge and experience, enables us to efficiently deliver fully integrated physical and electronic security programmes and portfolios of work on critical operational assets.
Galliford Try celebrates a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunities Employer, we welcome all applications.