We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to strategically lead Health, Safety and Sustainability at Barking & Dagenham College with the ability to influence, persuade and direct the Health, Safety and Sustainability activities of the organisation and promote best practiceThe successful candidate will possess a proven track record of leadership experience in a Health & Safety management role with strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex issues and work them into practical solutions. In addition, the candidate will support all aspects of Health and Safety across the business across all sites and departments, build, manage and develop a clear sustainability strategy, managing Health and Safety to ensure each site is compliant with college processes and standards, deal with Risk Assessments, organise and conduct site audits and review risk management plans.
* To adopt a "hands on" approach to Health, Safety, Sustainability best practices with everyone on site.
* To assist in driving the implementation of all Health, Safety and Sustainability policies and procedures across the college.
* To partner, mentor and guide staff and managers to promote and deliver pragmatic EH&S solutions and promote accountability and ownership of Health, Safety and Sustainability process in the management team.
* To assist with monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of all Health, Safety and Sustainability policies and procedures.
* To assist in achieving and where possible improving on recognised Health & Safety and Sustainability standards.
* To provide information to assist with writing health & safety and sustainability reports to the Health and Safety Committee, Senior Leadership Team, Policy & Resources and Corporation committee as appropriate.
* Working closely with managers across the college to ensure all health and safety procedures and processes are adhered to across all college sites.
* To work closely across the college to ensure that health and safety practices and procedures are embedded as appropriate.
* Provide support and advice to managers in their compliance
* Assist with training staff in their responsibilities as appropriate including risk assessments, first aid, manual handling, fire awareness and management systems training.
Monitoring and compliance
* To assist managers to undertake effective completion of risk assessments.
* Review all risk assessments completed by managers across the college.
* Monitor and ensure that records of the risk assessment processes are maintained in the relevant department and maintain a central record of risk assessments.
* Management of contractors, including auditing and inspections
* To visit offsite locations including employers to ensure health and safety compliance.
* To meet managers regularly to discuss health, safety and sustainability issues and continually improve health & safety and sustainability performance.
Health & Safety and Sustainability Strategies
* To assist with implementing and reviewing Health & Safety and Sustainability strategies to ensure the college implements its health & safety and sustainability goals and objectives.
* Work with managers to ensure future needs and requirements are reflected in the strategies across all areas, particularly in the high-risk areas.
* Liaise with HR Business Partners on occupational health issues where the risk assessment has identified a need.
* Provide college staff with comprehensive and relevant information and advice as appropriate
Non-College Employers and Employees
* Ensure that ad-hoc workers (contractors, agency workers etc.) and where appropriate their sponsors, are provided with relevant college Health and Safety information and that effective co-operation and co-ordination is carried out in accordance with the management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations and the college's Health, Safety and Sustainability Policies
- Ad Posted: 20/Aug/20:
- Location: London, United Kingdom:
- Salary (approx): £33116 - £35125/annum 1812 London weighting Per annum:
- Job Type: Permanent:
- Experience: Senior:
- Languages Required: English:
- Reference: 932228697: