Fire Safety Engineer
Assystem has been at the forefront of Nuclear Engineering for over 50 years, supporting and delivering complex engineering programmes on a global scale. Our Nuclear New Build team in Bristol have an opening for an experienced Fire Safety Engineer to support the Technical Management and Acceptance of the Fire Safety Design for Hinkley Point C.
The key accountabilities include:
* Review of Fire Strategy Documents produced by building designers and providing advice on the acceptability of the documents in accordance with regulatory requirements and other identified requirements
* Review of ALARP assessments for the fire safety design and providing advice on their acceptability.
* Review of design deliverables for fire protection systems.
* Providing advice on requirements for fire safety design including UK context / regulations, and application of codes and standards.
* Managing the review and acceptance process for different design deliverables.
Given the specific nature of the role we are looking for individuals to have an understanding and/or experience in the application of:
BS 9999, Approved Document B, BS EN 12101, BS 7974, BS EN 12845, BS 9990 and BS 5839.
Knowledge of NFPA 15, NFPA 20 and NFPA 24 would be beneficial.
Prior experience within the Nuclear Industry would be advantageous but experience of working in industrial/highly regulated industries is essential
- Ad Posted: 04/Jul/20:
- Location: City, Bristol, United Kingdom:
- Salary (approx): Competitive:
- Job Type: Permanent:
- Experience: Not Specified:
- Languages Required: English:
- Reference: 906751688: