Connect GRP are recruiting on behalf of an electrical contractor that wish to secure the Compliance / Health & Safety Manager. If you have the relevant experience desire below we would love to hear from you.
• To ensure complete understanding and adherence to company policies, laws, and regulations along with reviewing non-compliance within our set standards.
Duties and Job Function
• Carry out regular evaluation of Business to ensure set policies are maintained.
• Conduct compliance & risk assessments to develop and implement strategies for effective risk management.
• Site Visits to undertake Risk Assessments / Audits.
• Responsible for creating and reviewing company policies.
• Organise training for company employees to create awareness and foster understanding of company policies and procedures.
• Complete and undertake environmental assessments to ensure environmental standards are upheld across all operations. (ISO 14001)
• Maintain records of compliance assessments and duly notify senior management of issues or conditions in aberration of standards and policies.
• Reporting breach of regulations to Senior Managers / Directors.
• To carry out investigations to identify compliance issues within an organization.
• Implement follow-up strategies to ensure complete resolution of compliance problems.
• Monitor the activities of company personnel to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
• Constantly review policies, training needs and other factors that affect compliance with regulations.
• Periodically conducts audits and reviews to ensure execution of compliance standards
• Conducts interviews, scrutinises details, and asks questions to make sure employees make every effort to stay compliant across a company's various departments
• When compliance problems arise, conducts investigations to discover the roots of the issue
• Stays informed about environmental standards and makes sure a company operates within those standards
• Writes and distributes documents that educate others on how to improve compliance
• Fills out and files reports with various compliance agencies
Experience and skill required
You will need to have excellent organisational skills to deal with a diverse workload with tight deadlines and to oversee the workload of the team and you will ideally have a NEBOSH or equivalent in a relevant discipline i.e. Fire Safety, Asbestos.
The successful Candidate will have excellent programme/project management skills and commercial awareness, a professional qualification related subject or can demonstrate equivalent relevant experience within the electrical industry. Must have experience and full understanding of ISO 14001 and ideally ISO 9001 and the compliance process ensuring all areas are managed accordingly
- Ad Posted: 17/Jul/20:
- Location: Romford, Essex, United Kingdom:
- Salary (approx): £35000 - £40000/annum:
- Job Type: Permanent:
- Experience: Senior:
- Languages Required: English:
- Reference: 911632753: