It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
An Optoelectronics Development Engineer (Transmitter/Receiver) is required for our established R&D site in Paignton, Devon.
We are a Global leader in the design, development and manufacturer of innovative optical, photonic and electronic components, and with our expansion plans require a Development Engineer.
A Development Engineer is required to perform engineering activities within the photonic components Optical sub assembly R&D team. This team develops high performance transmitters and receivers for use in optical communication systems.
The role will involve:
- Input to the design and build process of the products and specification of optical and interfacing components required within the package
- Work with the chip team to define appropriate performance specifications for InP based hybrids
- Testing and verification of prototype performance against customer specifications
- Liaising with NPI and manufacturing teams to ensure that product designs are manufacturable and to subsequently introduce them to manufacture
- Work with qualification team to ensure that design is qualified against appropriate standards
The individual will work closely with other members of the design team, including Optical, RF and process development engineers and the product qualification team to deliver cost effective solutions in a timely manner.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to plan out tasks and meet required deadlines
- Demonstrated willingness to work with multiple teams across various sites
- General knowledge optical or RF components
- Experience with project management skills; able to prioritize and deliver against a schedule, while interacting with distributed R&D teams
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, as well as good written and oral communication skills
- Possess the drive to succeed combined with a ‘make it happen’ attitude
- Good decision-making, analytical and creative skills
- Skilled in driving multiple tasks to closure in a dynamic environment
- Lab evaluation of optical components and data analysis
- Knowledge of semiconductors or materials used in their packaging would be desirable
- Ideally 3+ years’ experience within anyone of the following areas: Optical, RF, semiconductor, R&D development, transmitter, receiver
- Honours degree or equivalent in physics, optics, material science or equivalent technical discipline.
We offer a competitive salary, Bonus, Pension, Private medical, Health cash plan, relocation allowance if appropriate, and other benefits.